Allscripts
www.allscripts.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Allscripts "Awful Place to Work"!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts

ProsVacation perks were great, and was encouraged to take time off.
Co-workers, were awesome, met & made some life long friendships.
Opportunity is there to learn and grow.

ConsAlthough, encouraged to take time off, workload was doubled and never had the opportunity to go on vacation to feel as though my clients were being taken care and serviced as Management did not provide back-up or have someone with same skills to ensure work was being handled while away. Needless to say, I rarely took a day off as I would have been scolded for not meeting certain demands while on vacay.

While there is plenty of opportunity to grow, if you do not fit into the political agenda - your chances of moving up based upon your skillset is 0 to none. You definitely have to be in the "correct political group"! Very cliquish!

They have the tendency to give you more with a different title without the pay increase. Very deceitful, and this has happened to more than one person at Allscripts, it's the culture. They really treat the employees as 2nd class citizens, very sad stuff as there are a lot of talented people within the company (not referring to Senior Mgmt.)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should take into account the skills and talent they have and not treat people as just another number. The company would thrive and grow even more when people are allowed the opportunity to be innovative and not treated as just a number.

Great Mission

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros: Improving healthcare thru technology is not just a wonderful business opportunity, but allows… Cons: In a company of 5,500 employees, some are bound to be overlooked. Unfortunately, most have been overlooked for a while and it is starting… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure your actions and decisions emulate your promises to employees. Investigate all employee types and their needs. Telling the "worker bees" that… More

A pretty good place to work.

Malvern, PA

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros: Talented people Using new technology Flex time and PTO is good Cons: 90/10 medical benefits coverage with high deductable Limits on tool sets… Advice to Senior Management: Help your employees do their jobs better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allscripts.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allscripts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allscripts CEO Paul Black. All reviews posted anonymously by Allscripts employees.