There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

More difficult since the last merger

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

I enjoy the team that I work with and the abilities they present. There are still some people that care more about the clients and other members of the compay more than the dollar at the end of the day.

Cons

There needs to be more team building and not just talking about it but putting realistic action behind it.

Invest in the employees you have and give them a reason to want to stay and work at Allscripts.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

Some pluses, some minuses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Dynamic culture, hands-off management style. I frequently felt that my opinions and my work was valued. Flexible hours and telecommuting were encouraged.

Cons

Much churn, lack of follow-through by management. Projects were often started and then died due to lack of resources being assigned. Too many rapidly changing priorities for limited staff. Lack of willingness to invest in resources to get the job done.

Everyone needs some downtime. You can't expect someone to be the sole resource in a particular area and be on call 24x7x365. Frugality is important in managing a company, but there's a difference between being frugal and being cheap.

Up until they started outsourcing many jobs, I was generally satisfied with my positions. Lots of good employeed

Former Employee - Administrative Assistance  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Health insurance premiums were kept quite reasonable and reviews and increases seemed reasonable and fair early on. There was a focus on teamwork and collaboration.

Cons

Over the years there were many changes in senior leadership that seemed to result in more politics, favoritism, rediculous signing bonuses, and "friends of the new guys" being added to the staff. I think there were about 6 new CEO's in as many years. Ultimately they started outsourcing jobs and I am told that some people had to train their replacements in INDIA in order to get their severance package.

Keep jobs in the US.

There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!