Negative Expierience

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

The people are for the most part great. It's nice to have a job. They provide a decent benefits package.

Cons

Shady review process, are limited with the number of Exceptional review ratings they are allowed to give, thus the favorites always get the better reviews regardless of how hard you might have worked that year. Rate increase's are small if existant at all.

Advice to Management

Senior management should step back and let managers handle their teams. All management should communicate more effectively and not change theirs minds as often as they do to avoid confusion and mis-guided expectations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Bad. Death for your career.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Healthcare IT industry Stimulus money is currently a positive Great PTO policy Ability to work from home It's a job Rocking technology from the late 90's

Cons

Inept management/senior management Non existent rate increases You can make more money as a labourer Expensive health insurance (family) Can I get a review please? Meetings for meetings

Advice to Management

You can't work people as hard as your do. Pay them the pennies you do, and expect them to stay around very long.

Some pluses, some minuses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Dynamic culture, hands-off management style. I frequently felt that my opinions and my work was valued. Flexible hours and telecommuting were encouraged.

Cons

Much churn, lack of follow-through by management. Projects were often started and then died due to lack of resources being assigned. Too many rapidly changing priorities for limited staff. Lack of willingness to invest in resources to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs some downtime. You can't expect someone to be the sole resource in a particular area and be on call 24x7x365. Frugality is important in managing a company, but there's a difference between being frugal and being cheap.