Allscripts

Negative Expierience

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

The people are for the most part great. It's nice to have a job. They provide a decent benefits package.

Cons

Shady review process, are limited with the number of Exceptional review ratings they are allowed to give, thus the favorites always get the better reviews regardless of how hard you might have worked that year. Rate increase's are small if existant at all.

Senior management should step back and let managers handle their teams. All management should communicate more effectively and not change theirs minds as often as they do to avoid confusion and mis-guided expectations.

453 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

More difficult since the last merger

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

I enjoy the team that I work with and the abilities they present. There are still some people that care more about the clients and other members of the compay more than the dollar at the end of the day.

Cons

There needs to be more team building and not just talking about it but putting realistic action behind it.

Invest in the employees you have and give them a reason to want to stay and work at Allscripts.

Some pluses, some minuses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Dynamic culture, hands-off management style. I frequently felt that my opinions and my work was valued. Flexible hours and telecommuting were encouraged.

Cons

Much churn, lack of follow-through by management. Projects were often started and then died due to lack of resources being assigned. Too many rapidly changing priorities for limited staff. Lack of willingness to invest in resources to get the job done.

Everyone needs some downtime. You can't expect someone to be the sole resource in a particular area and be on call 24x7x365. Frugality is important in managing a company, but there's a difference between being frugal and being cheap.

There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts