There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Bad. Death for your career.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Healthcare IT industry Stimulus money is currently a positive Great PTO policy Ability to work from home It's a job Rocking technology from the late 90's

Cons

Inept management/senior management Non existent rate increases You can make more money as a labourer Expensive health insurance (family) Can I get a review please? Meetings for meetings

Advice to Management

You can't work people as hard as your do. Pay them the pennies you do, and expect them to stay around very long.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Some pluses, some minuses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Dynamic culture, hands-off management style. I frequently felt that my opinions and my work was valued. Flexible hours and telecommuting were encouraged.

Cons

Much churn, lack of follow-through by management. Projects were often started and then died due to lack of resources being assigned. Too many rapidly changing priorities for limited staff. Lack of willingness to invest in resources to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs some downtime. You can't expect someone to be the sole resource in a particular area and be on call 24x7x365. Frugality is important in managing a company, but there's a difference between being frugal and being cheap.

Up until they started outsourcing many jobs, I was generally satisfied with my positions. Lots of good employeed

Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Health insurance premiums were kept quite reasonable and reviews and increases seemed reasonable and fair early on. There was a focus on teamwork and collaboration.

Cons

Over the years there were many changes in senior leadership that seemed to result in more politics, favoritism, rediculous signing bonuses, and "friends of the new guys" being added to the staff. I think there were about 6 new CEO's in as many years. Ultimately they started outsourcing jobs and I am told that some people had to train their replacements in INDIA in order to get their severance package.

Advice to Management

Keep jobs in the US.