Satisfied Employee

Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate Human Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Allstate. It is a company that really provides its employees with a couple different things. First of all, they offer generous benefits; a pension and a 401k, generous time-off and cost-effective medical benefits. Secondly, the company offers employees many opportunities to advance, either in the work that they do or in a different department. An employee can have multiple careers during their employment with Allstate. The opportunities are numerous. I am a person that worked at Allstate and then left the company to try some other things. Over a period of years, I worked at a couple companies and they did not touch Allstate. I finally was able to return to Allstate last year and I can firmly say; the grass is not always greener on the other side. It definitely was not in my case. I would recommend a career at Allstate to anyone.

Cons

Retirement is very far away

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great and fun

I have been working at Allstate Human Resources

Pros

fun, fastpaced, challenging and exciting

Cons

nothing. Allstate is the best.

2. Was a great company

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Allstate Human Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements. Good Work life balance. OK benefits.

Cons

No longer employee centered. It is all about the profits now and getting as much out of the smallest employee base possible. Starting to reduce salary ranges of employees to cut costs and restructuring the organization to eliminate high paid employees. They wait a year and then rehire new employees at lower salaries. Unless you are mobile you will never be promoted.

Advice to Management

Start learning from the competition like State Farm and Geico. That is why you are losing talent to them. They pay more, put employees first and truly care about their social responsibility.