Allstate

Better than most

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Irving, TX

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Local management, we have great benefits, the majority of the people I work with truly care about our customers and each other.

Cons

Senior management needs to understand we are nothing without our customers and the frontline employees.The technology hinders us instead of helping.

First and foremost ditch Next Gen and get some technology that actually makes it easier for the customers and employees. Realize how important your customer facing employees are.

1381 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

This is not a place for Financial Advisors, This is a place to sell life insurance

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

If you get a good relationship with an Agency Owner, you can get leads. Most of the good agents go to the long time high producing Financial Specialist. They do give an upfront bonus here in Michigan of $5,000 so hopefully you won't starve, but you can't support a family. You make your own hours, but if you dont work you dont get paid.

Cons

-Numerous broken promises about money to be made and which partners I would work with.
    -Very young manager, very difficult to get a hold of
    -They say they want to do investment business, but it is not true they are not set up at all to do investments.
    -Very poor computer systems. Very poor support for agents and FS.
    -No humans to talk to unless you got thru 10 prompts with voice robots.
    -Sorry to say this but very low percentage of employees who have completed college.

Improve your computer systems and help at home office for the people who pay your salaries, the Agents and the Financial Specialist.

Part of a Family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Great people to work with, great Brand.

Cons

Not enough people understand the business of insurance and the ones that did are no longer there. Unfortunately the current leadership doesn't understand that this problem is critical.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate