There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Up and Down/ Mostly down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate

Pros

Competitive salary, work flexibility, location, benefits

Cons

I started off with some of the best management team ever, but over years it became worse and worse as leaders move on. Management is rotated so often that by the time you teach them what is needed they move on. Most managers only worry on the mark they leave. Slogans are becoming so pathetic they smell. One year " Power of One", next slogan "Power of One and then Some"
Workload is unmanageable but no one cares. Recognition from coworkers is good but recognition from management is virtually non existent. You are more likely to get noticed for organizing an outing then for performing on the job.
In 10 years it went from the BEST to Pathetic...

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent though very challenging position

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Agency Owner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Fair, honest and progressive company. The current management team is the best that I've seen in my 27 years with the company. I am comfortable that management is working to make things the best possible.

Cons

Insurance is a volatile industry. Not just Allstate but all of them. It can be quite the roller coaster sometimes.

Stay on the current course. Things feel like we are gaining ground and doing well. Keep listening to the field and making them feel that their opinions matter.

Hectic and stressful

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Coconut Creek, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

The training is great. You learn a lot about claims handling in a very short time. Most middle management is approachable. Lots of PTO days. Co-workers are helpful. Benefits are decent. Pension and 401k.

Cons

Upper management is rarely around and when they are they don't want the truth about what is going on in the units. They keep bad managers on at the expense of the employees. Morale is low and people don't complain becuase there is a sense you will be "blackballed." There are a lot of people there 20+ years so you will not get vacation time when you want it. You will have to work weekends. The claim volume is crazy. They care more about customer service scores and contact numbers than claim file quality.

If you have an option other than Allstate take it.

Stop adding additional work onto employees to improve customer scores. Less claim volume and the scores will go up. Get rid of bad managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate