Allstate

www.allstate.com

I Love Allstate because I am in Good Hands.

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer  in  Owensboro, KY
Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Owensboro, KY

Pros

The best reason is for me personally, working with a limited amount supervision and co-workers. I'm not the type of person who likes to be micro-managed. I'm not the type of person who wants to hear personal conversations or issues, so with less than 3 employees in my work environment, make me smile and focus on my job. I also get discounts on many insurance products. Not only that, I get to write my own policies and learn from that as well. I like having a steady base pay along with commission from selling our insurance products. So its like working in sales and retail.

Cons

Having to learn the insurance business in such a short amount of time.

We need local classes that emphasize on writing policies using the system that we write policies on.

Other reviews for Allstate

Very rewarding career if you work hard and do the right things to succeed

Current Employee - Agency Owner  in  Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Agency Owner in Jackson, MS

Pros

Opportunity to be your own boss and make decisions on how you run your own agency. Unlimited earnings potential depending on how hard you work. There is a good management support in our area to help us succeed and do the right things. However, it is still on the agency owner to take action!

Cons

Have to make sales to earn an income...the first few years are up and down depending on the amount of sales you make. In economic downturns, it makes it tougher to achieve the goals you set for yourself, but they are possible! Change is inevitable, but I don't like the fact that they we sign a contract that allows them to change without talking to the owners about it.

Give the agencies more flexibility to advertise using the company name with our agency.

A Great Place to Work with Great People

Current Employee - Technology Consultant  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Allstate is a great environment to work. There are alot of friendly and knowledgeable people that get the work done. Its a place that really mobilizes when times require mobilization. There is quite a bit of flexibility with the work life balance. They continue to invest in their people to make sure that everyone stays relevant. Since its such a large company there are many opportunities available in the different areas. The moral of the group is very good in all parts of the company. They work hard to make sure that everyone all around is challenged and brings thier best to work everyday.

Cons

Its a fairly large environment so we are not cutting edge on many things

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!