Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Very rewarding career if you work hard and do the right things to succeed

Agency Owner (Current Employee)
Jackson, MS

ProsOpportunity to be your own boss and make decisions on how you run your own agency. Unlimited earnings potential depending on how hard you work. There is a good management support in our area to help us succeed and do the right things. However, it is still on the agency owner to take action!

ConsHave to make sales to earn an income...the first few years are up and down depending on the amount of sales you make. In economic downturns, it makes it tougher to achieve the goals you set for yourself, but they are possible! Change is inevitable, but I don't like the fact that they we sign a contract that allows them to change without talking to the owners about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the agencies more flexibility to advertise using the company name with our agency.

CHANGE IS NEEDED

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: Allstate allows you to maintain a good Work Life balance. They have a day care, hairdresser, oil changes on campus, flexible work hours and allow… Cons: Allstate is too conservative and old school. The systems are old and hard to replace as they were build with old technology in mind and… Advice to Senior Management: the processes are hurting us... have 1 leader per project… More

I heard that it once was a good place to work.

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: It's a large company, so if you are mobile you may have a lot of opportunity. You may have the ability to… Cons: The system is designed to hinder and not help. Management does not listen to the employees. They waste employees' time with surveys that they seem… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your "lower level" employees a decent wage and hire enough people to manage the work load. If… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.