Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,042 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Just below average in almost every way.

Field Auto Adjuster (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey are a stable company. Although they are constantly harassing everyone about their metrics, they will never cut jobs and they will never fire anybody. They have a pension program, for now, which few other companies still offer. They give raises annually. Most employees have four to six weeks of paid time off. Some have more (time off is based on years of experience). Good team atmosphere. All of the employees are friends with eachother and with (most of) the managers.

ConsAgain, they are constantly harassing everyone about metrics. Right now, they are very focused on cutting costs and raising revenue. This means cutting back on things that only employees see, like health care coverage, mileage compensation, and pay raises. It also means hyper-focusing on metrics.

For the most part I can't complain

Claims Processor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros: Paid time off, opportunity to purchase extra time off, managers very nice… Cons: Call volume can be stressful at times since you are asked to hit a certain metric when it comes to call waiting times for a… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more representatives to assist customers if you want to make them happy and speed up process, instead of paying $$$ to upgrade a system… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

WORST IT JOB I EVER HAD

IT Architect (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: time off - that's about it. Cons: no leadership, training , constant nit picking over the smallest details. constant threat of layoffs. A nickel raise in 3yrs. dealing with out of control… Advice to Senior Management: too many chiefs and not enough Indians, bosses dont know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.