There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Good

Current Employee - Liability Adjuster in Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Liability Adjuster in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Allstate offers great vacation time. Great work life balance. The company is very focuses on helping employees improve there well being

Cons

Many of the employees have been there for a very long time and at times are very reluctant to change. There is really no promotion unless you become a manager. Some employees have had the same position for over 25 years.

reviews filtered by

Was the best company to work for 15 years ago/Stressful and understaffed in claims

Former Employee - Customer Service Claim Representative in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Claim Representative in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good front line managers. Excellent benefit and pay if you have been employed here longer then 20 years. Generous vacation time. Good disability and insurance benefits (you'll need them...) Good quality co-workers. Clean working enviroment.

Cons

CEO gave himself a 40 million bonus when all employees pay raises were cut or frozen. Not a good corporate sign in 2008. Workload is unmanagable unless you work a 10 hour day then go home and work some more. Stress level very high in claims. Unrealistic goals. Excellent customer service expected in understaffed claims department. Millions of dollars misused for printed flyers, fancy websites, when money is better spent keeping good quality employees and ramping up the good commercials. Lowering CEO's salaries. Cubicles so close together you can literally hear the person on the other side of the partition breathe... Can you imagine how fdisruptive and non-productive two persons speaking to insured's on opposite sides of the partitions can be? Reminds me of the 1960's rat study where the more they were packed into a small space the more they started to stress and kill each other. Not your father's Allstate. May go the way of Kmart...

Hire more employees in claims. Make goals attainable. More space. You spend lots of money training us to do the job, now give us the tools to do it with! Share your bonus with the little guy's that are busing their butts to keep this company running for you.

Unethical company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative, Licensed Agent in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy job, good money, 9-5 M-F.

Cons

Boss was never there. Wanted me to care about his business more than he did. I worked for 4 different agencies and they were all the same.

Don't give agencies to people who don't want to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate