Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

A company at a crossroads

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Agency Owner in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

They are agressive at managing their risks which makes them more financially stable, in the long run, than many of the other property casualty insurers. They seem to have an idea of where they want to be positionsed for the future. They are strongly encouraging their strongest agents to grow.

Cons

Because of their conservative nature it causes them to struggle on the pricing side and while other companies are buying business Allstate refuses to play that game. It means that you have to be able to sell service and unique products instead of price. This becomes difficult to do under current situations. They continue to push the costs on the agency force without offering more competitive products or additional compensation.

If you continue to increase costs for your "business owners" without increasing rewards you will not find new "business owners." Risk vs Reward you should know well from being in the risk management business.

1323 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Allstate is what you make it

Current Employee - Agency Sales Producer in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Agency Sales Producer in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Like many producers, I work for an independently owned agency. My time is my own, as long as my numbers are where they should be. My office is very much family focused. I get an ample amount of vacation, sick pay, 401K and a lot of other benefits not supplied by most independent agencies.

Cons

Allstate itself has a tendency to roll out a new product without first getting the bugs out of it. We tend to have to work through some of the hassle as we write the product, when that should not be happening.

Listen to your support staff, they are the front line in the agencies.

Working for an Agent as staff is garbage

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

The prestige to say I work for Allstate is pretty good, you get a lot of nods of approval. The pace of the job is not so bad, you might get to meet a lot of interesting people at some points and you wont really have to deal with a lot of difficult tasks.

Cons

Commissions are ok they are not the greatest if you work for an agent. The agent i work for was very cheap with his money so he never gave us raises, rewards, or anything special. He wanted to keep every commission sale and wanted to charge us for every policy that cancelled. He would rarely spend any time at his office and he would leave me and another coworker to do all the hard dirty work, especially to deal with angry clients was tough enough. You have to establish a base of clients, and try to retain them with the company, its even harder when their rates keep constantly going up!!!

check on agents to see if their staff is happy

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate