Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Allstate is schizophrenic. Technology is clunky.

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI had wonderful and talented coworkers. In 10 years I had 9 different managers and a few of them were good.

ConsAllstate changes direction constantly. Management wastes time and money. They do not deploy employees effectively. Rewards are not consistent. The past few years have seen only take aways for the average employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the many layers of bureaucracy and trust your employees. Management talks a lot about valuing employees but then outsources and lays them off without attempting to redeploy human resources.

Ok place to work

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros: Allstate has decent benefits for employees. Cons: No strategic direction - revolving door w/senior management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good starting job, not long-term

Licensed Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros: I work for an exclusive agent, so my schedule is… Cons: Hard to get new business because Allstate is the most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.