Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,048 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Great company, but no residual income

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Allstate as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat products in the lines of home and auto, good company name to back you up, and flexible hours.

ConsNo residual income for those making the sales. I don't know if that is for all locations, but the one I worked for had no residual income. People don't get into the insurance business with no salary just to constantly work day in and day out till they are spent. The new agent bonus was a joke, while training there was a $1000 a month income that was also tied to your production levels. If you are new to the profession and have no experience then how are you to produce to keep that tiny amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better structure in compensation to include residual income. This not only makes the agent happier, but also makes it worth their while to keep clients with the company rather than just letting them fall off the books in hopes that you can make a sale again to the person in the future.

A lot of information to learn

Sales Agent (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great way to learn about the insurance industry. Cons: A lot of nepotism within the office. Advice to Senior Management: Screen your agents.. They are a reflection of your company… More

No corporate ladder provided for risk assistants

Risk Assistant (Former Employee)
Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros: The cafeteria on site was nice. You can earn more vacation time than… Cons: It is very hard to move up in the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.