Allstate

www.allstate.com

It's a great place to work, but it's not Eden

Technology Consultant (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsWe're focused on the right things. We're leading in many areas of technology service strategy. Work-life balance and general flexibility is top drawer. We laugh and fight and get stressed and achieve the unachievable and we are family. Teleworking and the tools to be effective at it are second to none, including management support; location matters little any more. Mobility within the company is possible, which strengthens us.

ConsThere isn't much title differentiation among deeply skilled and experienced employees and those who have the same "consultant" title but have notably lower levels of experience. This impacts the fair application of salary and status, the importance of which varies among employees. No stock purchase options or bonuses are available except for the few who are chosen.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old mindset towards management still exists in some quarters, where challenging status quo ideas and approaches impacts career progression. It's eroding, but slowly. The next generation of leaders already among us needs your support to operate differently.

Solid organization needs to keep pace with changing industry

IT Development Manager (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: Competitive pay and opportunities are available in large organization Cons: Access to training and educational benefits Advice to Senior Management: Processes need to be streamlined; the culture is too risk… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Selling System needs good execution to work well.

Personal Financial Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: Position allows tremendous freedom to execute on business plan according to my… Cons: Company is still trying to figure out its mission Risk management is important, but not to the point where we make it… Advice to Senior Management: The Exclusive Financial Specialist system has potential but its execution is flawed. Assigning an EFS/PFR to agents without regard for whether those agents even… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!