Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

It's a great place to work, but it's not Eden

Current Employee - Technology Consultant  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

We're focused on the right things. We're leading in many areas of technology service strategy. Work-life balance and general flexibility is top drawer. We laugh and fight and get stressed and achieve the unachievable and we are family. Teleworking and the tools to be effective at it are second to none, including management support; location matters little any more. Mobility within the company is possible, which strengthens us.

Cons

There isn't much title differentiation among deeply skilled and experienced employees and those who have the same "consultant" title but have notably lower levels of experience. This impacts the fair application of salary and status, the importance of which varies among employees. No stock purchase options or bonuses are available except for the few who are chosen.

The old mindset towards management still exists in some quarters, where challenging status quo ideas and approaches impacts career progression. It's eroding, but slowly. The next generation of leaders already among us needs your support to operate differently.

1278 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Solid organization needs to keep pace with changing industry

Current Employee - IT Development Manager  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - IT Development Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Competitive pay and opportunities are available in large organization

Cons

Access to training and educational benefits

Processes need to be streamlined; the culture is too risk averse.

Selling System needs good execution to work well.

Current Employee - Personal Financial Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Personal Financial Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Position allows tremendous freedom to execute on business plan according to my schedule
    Product mix covers most bases
    A focused business plan can be executed well

Cons

Company is still trying to figure out its mission
    Risk management is important, but not to the point where we make it so difficult for customers to buy things that they leave. Suitability and compliance should be a partner, not an obstacle.

The Exclusive Financial Specialist system has potential but its execution is flawed. Assigning an EFS/PFR to agents without regard for whether those agents even want a partner is a recipe for disaster. Since the EFS/PFR is running on commission only, they take ALL the risk of a partnership failing. This is inequitable and does not lead to success except by chance.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!