Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Claims

Current Employee - Senior Claims Processor in Fishkill, NY
Current Employee - Senior Claims Processor in Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working for Allstate has given me the oppurtunity to provide Allstate customers with comfort during a difficult time. I enjoyed helping customer learn about the claim process and assuring them that we are there to make their claim experience a non stressfull one. All of the employees of Allstate in the claim department were professional, kind and willing to help when needed.

Cons

There are no cons to working for Allstate Insurance Company

Enjoy the day!

1477 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Very Poor Management of Property Claims

Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Malvern, PA

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were very helpful but under extreme pressure to get their heavy workload completed, so they often didnt have time to help you.

Cons

Management was horrible, Sat in empty office for 3 days upon being hired as no one knew what to do with me. Sent to Chicago for training, without needed training on systems first. Was given a computer that shared an aircard with another employee. Was told by tech that my comoputer issues were the worst they had seen in 20 years, while a closet in the office held 10 new units. I was told as a field adjuster i didnt need a computer and could just come into the office every night and work in their after i finished my day in the field. Managemant insisted that it was all my fault, however when I had a ride along I always graded at 95% or above.

Develope a training plan. Make management responsible to improve and lead, not just threaten jobs.

User Experience Professionals - Beware!

Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL
    Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay. That's it. There was nothing else positive about this job. I took a significant pay cut just to get out of that place.

Cons

Management in the user experience team has no respect for their employees. They do not trust the UX people to change a simple control on the page. Management would verbally and publicly lecture, demean and debase employees. The technology behind the software is circa 1997. You're skills will wane there.

Respect your employees. Respect their professional experience. Trust them to make good decisions. Stop being abusive.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate