Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Career opportunities / growth is in full force

Northbrook, IL

ProsOver the past two years the organization has really started to recognize the importance of retaining good talent by offering new developmental opportunities to all employees. This includes temporary rotational assignments, mentorship programs, an internal mobility program that allows employees to apply for any job within Allstate, pay-for-performance merit programs, tuition assistance, etc. The environment is also very inclusive and supportive. In my department we work hard but have a lot of fun together as a team. Management recognizes the importance of work-life balance. We also get one work-from-home day a week which is essential to my sanity as a commuter!

ConsAs with any big organization, there is a lot of room for process improvement ... but I've found this challenge to be another way to grow and improve myself professionally.

Also, big and important changes tend to happen fast (too quickly) here while small changes happen slow. I think this is just another part of working for a large, Fortune 100 organization.

Encourage work/life balance

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company to start a career Cons: None at this time, just looking to change Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Claims

Senior Claims Processor (Current Employee)
    Fishkill, NY

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working for Allstate has given me the oppurtunity to provide Allstate customers with comfort during a difficult time. I enjoyed helping customer learn about the… Cons: There are no cons to working for Allstate Insurance Company Advice to Senior Management: Enjoy the day! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.