There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Career opportunities / growth is in full force

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past two years the organization has really started to recognize the importance of retaining good talent by offering new developmental opportunities to all employees. This includes temporary rotational assignments, mentorship programs, an internal mobility program that allows employees to apply for any job within Allstate, pay-for-performance merit programs, tuition assistance, etc. The environment is also very inclusive and supportive. In my department we work hard but have a lot of fun together as a team. Management recognizes the importance of work-life balance. We also get one work-from-home day a week which is essential to my sanity as a commuter!

Cons

As with any big organization, there is a lot of room for process improvement ... but I've found this challenge to be another way to grow and improve myself professionally. Also, big and important changes tend to happen fast (too quickly) here while small changes happen slow. I think this is just another part of working for a large, Fortune 100 organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. Allstate has blessed me with a job in a tough economy

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Woodridge, IL
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance Co workers

Cons

Hard to get time off

Advice to Management

Make it easier to take time off

2. Excellent Company

Pros

For a person who wants to be part of a large, dynamic organization, this is the place for you. The job duties can be flexible. The benefits are outstanding. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. For those with professional backgrounds, the job is stable. Overall, Allstate is an excellent place to work.

Cons

Although the environment is excellent, the pay in the legal department may not be commensurate with the legal industry standards.