Good training ground

Former Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Manager in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to start your insurance career, solid training and development programs. Opportunities for advancement, especially at the new and middle management levels.

Cons

CEO and some senior leaders can't seem to decide what they want the company to be, shifting priorities or just not prioritizing at all, seem to get enchanted by the idea of the day. Too much reliance on consultants and outside talent.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

User Experience Professionals - Beware!

Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL
    Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. That's it. There was nothing else positive about this job. I took a significant pay cut just to get out of that place.

Cons

Management in the user experience team has no respect for their employees. They do not trust the UX people to change a simple control on the page. Management would verbally and publicly lecture, demean and debase employees. The technology behind the software is circa 1997. You're skills will wane there.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Respect their professional experience. Trust them to make good decisions. Stop being abusive.

Very Poor Management of Property Claims

Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Malvern, PA

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were very helpful but under extreme pressure to get their heavy workload completed, so they often didnt have time to help you.

Cons

Management was horrible, Sat in empty office for 3 days upon being hired as no one knew what to do with me. Sent to Chicago for training, without needed training on systems first. Was given a computer that shared an aircard with another employee. Was told by tech that my comoputer issues were the worst they had seen in 20 years, while a closet in the office held 10 new units. I was told as a field adjuster i didnt need a computer and could just come into the office every night and work in their after i finished my day in the field. Managemant insisted that it was all my fault, however when I had a ride along I always graded at 95% or above.

Advice to Management

Develope a training plan. Make management responsible to improve and lead, not just threaten jobs.