Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Allstate Insurance. Great work environment

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Great job, great management, great office

Cons

No room for growth or advancement

1318 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Most stressful years of my life

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I started the people who worked there were of very high quality character and were very professional. The training wasn't bad for a company of its size. Good amount of vacation time.

Cons

The work was the most stressful job I've ever had. It's bad enough to deal with angry people on the phone all day, but to be constantly held to unrealistic measurements internally and generally treated like a number by management just put it over the top as unbearable. Long hours because they do not keep the offices properly staffed for the amount of work that comes in. If you tried to discuss ways to make the company better, you could be sure to hear "If you don't like it here you're free to leave anytime". Glad I took that advice.

I was a good employee, I won the distinguished performance award a couple times. Even I felt like I wasn't appreciated because of the horrible way many of my coworkers were treated by management above the local office. Forcing out good workers because they made too much money and replacing them with seemingly anyone who applied was enough proof that no matter how good I was doing, my time would come and I'd be treated the same way.

Legacy Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much unless you're the follower type. Or if you're the type who finds comfort in working for a very big company. Or if you have sycophant tendencies, then this might be the place for your career.

Cons

Suffocating corporate culture. Preach a lot of politically correct sounding nonsense, when they really don't. Plagued with the usual problems a big corporation has... Slow moving and out-of-touch.

There's nothing further to say.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate