Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Ever trying to reinvent the wheel. Places individuals without functional experience and knowledge into leadership roles.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allstate in general is a good place to work. They have tried to make the physical location at Home Office a more productive and pleasing environment. Many friendly people there and the work can be challenging

Cons

While constant improvment to move the company ahead should be encouraged, having leaders who do not have functional experience making decisions on process improvements just does not work. While Allstate talks the talk, they do not walk the walk and actually commit and follow through on things. Allstate always seems half hearted in their efforts whether it is employee engagement, diversity, recruitment or any real commitment. Does not think long term. The ROI on any venture must be immediate or they do not think it is worth it. Some things take time and commitment and it seems that Allstate is not willing to put in that time. Unlike State Farm and some other liek companies who can look forward and plan 10, 20 or 30 years in the future, Allstate only looks ahead quarter by quarter. Mutual versus Public I suppose. The pay is also lower in the market for similar work.

Commit to things and follow through. Invest in the long term with your employees and your community as it will equate to increased business and revenue in the future.

1356 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Eh

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work for a local agency, so the hours are good and I like my co-worker, that is it

Cons

company increases and customer increased frustration. no room for growth within the agency. almost impossible to write any new business, as we barely get any walk-ins or referals. its becoming a horrible experience.

Great to challenging

Former Employee - Director in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to expand skills and capabilities and do different jobs. Great benefits and wellness focus.

Cons

If you have tenure -- you have to work twice as hard to prove your value. The perception by actions and not part of the future. When, in most cases, if you have tenure and survived the many changes at the company, you had to be flexible and totally open to change.

Value employees with experience and those new to the company. The two can blend to make the company successful. Don't make people feel bad if they have tenure!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate