Allstate

www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Ever trying to reinvent the wheel. Places individuals without functional experience and knowledge into leadership roles.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allstate in general is a good place to work. They have tried to make the physical location at Home Office a more productive and pleasing environment. Many friendly people there and the work can be challenging

Cons

While constant improvment to move the company ahead should be encouraged, having leaders who do not have functional experience making decisions on process improvements just does not work. While Allstate talks the talk, they do not walk the walk and actually commit and follow through on things. Allstate always seems half hearted in their efforts whether it is employee engagement, diversity, recruitment or any real commitment. Does not think long term. The ROI on any venture must be immediate or they do not think it is worth it. Some things take time and commitment and it seems that Allstate is not willing to put in that time. Unlike State Farm and some other liek companies who can look forward and plan 10, 20 or 30 years in the future, Allstate only looks ahead quarter by quarter. Mutual versus Public I suppose. The pay is also lower in the market for similar work.

Commit to things and follow through. Invest in the long term with your employees and your community as it will equate to increased business and revenue in the future.

1486 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great People

Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter
    Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter

I have been working at Allstate as a contractor

Pros

The northeast regional office is staffed by wonderful people who work together as a team. Corporate policies support work/life balance.

Cons

As with all large corporations, the control exerted by home office sometimes hinders responding to what's happening locally

Allstate is a wonderful company to work for, for various reasons.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent support system. This company makes me feel like family. They do an excellent job training new employees. The environment is friendly and open, I see myself working for this company for a pong time.

Cons

Improvement on methods of bringing new business

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate