Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Most stressful years of my life

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

ProsWhen I started the people who worked there were of very high quality character and were very professional. The training wasn't bad for a company of its size. Good amount of vacation time.

ConsThe work was the most stressful job I've ever had. It's bad enough to deal with angry people on the phone all day, but to be constantly held to unrealistic measurements internally and generally treated like a number by management just put it over the top as unbearable. Long hours because they do not keep the offices properly staffed for the amount of work that comes in. If you tried to discuss ways to make the company better, you could be sure to hear "If you don't like it here you're free to leave anytime". Glad I took that advice.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a good employee, I won the distinguished performance award a couple times. Even I felt like I wasn't appreciated because of the horrible way many of my coworkers were treated by management above the local office. Forcing out good workers because they made too much money and replacing them with seemingly anyone who applied was enough proof that no matter how good I was doing, my time would come and I'd be treated the same way.

Legacy Corporate Culture

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not much unless you're the follower type. Or if you're the type who finds comfort in working for… Cons: Suffocating corporate culture. Preach a lot of politically correct sounding nonsense, when they really… Advice to Senior Management: There's nothing further to say. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Challenging job. Some opportunities to innovate. They encourage employee training & skill… Cons: Pay is at or below average for similiar work outside the company. Technicologically behind curve. Management decision making is heavily skewed with a tunnell… Advice to Senior Management: Customer value and satisfaction must start at the top. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.