Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Good starter internship, but could have been better experience

Intern (Former Employee)
Hudson, OH

ProsNice employees, the people I worked with were genuinely nice and helpful to be around. There also was a relaxed environment for interns, there was a lot of just shadowing and observing other workers. Got to have some good hands on with computers in the company.

ConsThe work space was huge, crowded, and old fashioned. Typical cubicles, felt impersonal, as if you were just another nameless employee with hundreds of others. Not the best intern program I've done; could have used more interesting work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers were nice and personable, good people from my experience. Perhaps set up a more structured internship program for specific technical needs rather than the broad program it is.

Satisfactory

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros: Work-life balance, stable company with strong customer base Cons: Hierarchical, procedural and rigid. Growth opportunities are limited. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

eh its alright

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good income available if you work hard enough Cons: companies ever changing goals and measurements make it difficult to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it simple stupid, if the agents make the company $$$ then bonus them. If not then don't. Stop being blinded by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.