Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Licensed Sales Producer

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Waldorf, MD
Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. However Allstate is changing the agency expectations therefore important to seek employment with an agent who is supportative in the marketing and sales efforts of their staff.

Cons

Each Allstate office is owned by an independent agency owner. Therefore salary, commission and benefits for licensed staff vary and are completey up to the agency owner. If seeking employment with a newer agency, more agents are starting licensed staff at a lower base salary, my experience around $18K - $20K + commission and benefits are not great and there is more turnover. The more seasoned agency owners start slightly higher but with Allstate revamping the agency owners structure with the company even the more seasoned agents are downsizing.

1355 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

You can do better,but nice benefits

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Nice People. The company is outsourcing jobs as fast as they can to Asia.

Cons

Outsourcing Environment. Lots of politics and people afraid to lose their jobs. Nepotism. Cronyism. Many people have family members that work there. In many ways it is an extension of Cook County politics.

It is not what you know, but who you know and who you are related to.

costumer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sherman, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sherman, TX

I worked at Allstate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours were from 9am to 5pm and we were off on the weekends. It suited my family life. The office staff was extremely small, my office manager and the Insurance Agent(Owner). I loved working there and had i stayed longer, i would have pursued my insurance license. I was taught so much about insurance, and if you cared you were shown the ropes within reason of course.

Cons

The only way to advance would be to become an Independent Insurance Agent. That is the way to make a difference in income. Working in the smaller office i was paid modest, but like i said, it fit my family life at the time. No health insurance or retirement plan either, but if your ready for your own business, then this is for you.

non, my boss(es) were cool

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate