Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Licensed Sales Producer

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Waldorf, MD
Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment. However Allstate is changing the agency expectations therefore important to seek employment with an agent who is supportative in the marketing and sales efforts of their staff.

Cons

Each Allstate office is owned by an independent agency owner. Therefore salary, commission and benefits for licensed staff vary and are completey up to the agency owner. If seeking employment with a newer agency, more agents are starting licensed staff at a lower base salary, my experience around $18K - $20K + commission and benefits are not great and there is more turnover. The more seasoned agency owners start slightly higher but with Allstate revamping the agency owners structure with the company even the more seasoned agents are downsizing.

1306 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great company....good benefits

Former Employee - Education
    Former Employee - Education

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PTO
    management
    benefits
    work/life
    Co-workers

This is a great place to work....a lot of great employees....great location

Cons

No room for growth from within unless you move out of state. Salary was decent...but still not that great!

Stop picking your favorites to promote

Good starter internship, but could have been better experience

Former Employee - Intern in Hudson, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice employees, the people I worked with were genuinely nice and helpful to be around. There also was a relaxed environment for interns, there was a lot of just shadowing and observing other workers. Got to have some good hands on with computers in the company.

Cons

The work space was huge, crowded, and old fashioned. Typical cubicles, felt impersonal, as if you were just another nameless employee with hundreds of others. Not the best intern program I've done; could have used more interesting work.

Managers were nice and personable, good people from my experience. Perhaps set up a more structured internship program for specific technical needs rather than the broad program it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate