Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,042 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Licensed Sales Producer

Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee)
Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat work environment. However Allstate is changing the agency expectations therefore important to seek employment with an agent who is supportative in the marketing and sales efforts of their staff.

ConsEach Allstate office is owned by an independent agency owner. Therefore salary, commission and benefits for licensed staff vary and are completey up to the agency owner. If seeking employment with a newer agency, more agents are starting licensed staff at a lower base salary, my experience around $18K - $20K + commission and benefits are not great and there is more turnover. The more seasoned agency owners start slightly higher but with Allstate revamping the agency owners structure with the company even the more seasoned agents are downsizing.

Great company....good benefits

Education (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: PTO management benefits work/life Co-workers This is a great place to work....a lot of great… Cons: No room for growth from within unless you move out… Advice to Senior Management: Stop picking your favorites to promote Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good starter internship, but could have been better experience

Intern (Former Employee)
Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate part-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice employees, the people I worked with were genuinely nice and helpful to be around. There also was a relaxed environment for interns,… Cons: The work space was huge, crowded, and old fashioned. Typical cubicles, felt impersonal, as if you were just another… Advice to Senior Management: Managers were nice and personable, good people from my experience. Perhaps set up a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.