Allstate

Licensed Sales Producer

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer  in  Waldorf, MD
Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment. However Allstate is changing the agency expectations therefore important to seek employment with an agent who is supportative in the marketing and sales efforts of their staff.

Cons

Each Allstate office is owned by an independent agency owner. Therefore salary, commission and benefits for licensed staff vary and are completey up to the agency owner. If seeking employment with a newer agency, more agents are starting licensed staff at a lower base salary, my experience around $18K - $20K + commission and benefits are not great and there is more turnover. The more seasoned agency owners start slightly higher but with Allstate revamping the agency owners structure with the company even the more seasoned agents are downsizing.

Other Reviews for Allstate

Company review

Current Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work day flexibility
    lots of PTO days
    pension plan in addition to 401K

Cons

low salaries
    tendency to give more to the new hires from the outside rather than promote anbd retain current talent

costumer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sherman, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sherman, TX

I worked at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours were from 9am to 5pm and we were off on the weekends. It suited my family life. The office staff was extremely small, my office manager and the Insurance Agent(Owner). I loved working there and had i stayed longer, i would have pursued my insurance license. I was taught so much about insurance, and if you cared you were shown the ropes within reason of course.

Cons

The only way to advance would be to become an Independent Insurance Agent. That is the way to make a difference in income. Working in the smaller office i was paid modest, but like i said, it fit my family life at the time. No health insurance or retirement plan either, but if your ready for your own business, then this is for you.

non, my boss(es) were cool

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!