Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,162 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Satisfied Employee

Human Resources Professional (Current Employee)
Northbrook, IL

ProsI love working for Allstate. It is a company that really provides its employees with a couple different things. First of all, they offer generous benefits; a pension and a 401k, generous time-off and cost-effective medical benefits. Secondly, the company offers employees many opportunities to advance, either in the work that they do or in a different department. An employee can have multiple careers during their employment with Allstate. The opportunities are numerous.

I am a person that worked at Allstate and then left the company to try some other things. Over a period of years, I worked at a couple companies and they did not touch Allstate. I finally was able to return to Allstate last year and I can firmly say; the grass is not always greener on the other side. It definitely was not in my case.

I would recommend a career at Allstate to anyone.

ConsRetirment is very far away ...

Not the best place to work for, but certainly not the worst

IT Professional (Former Employee)
    Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Allstate will not go out of business any time soon. The company is predictable, stable, and provides some job security. Most of the… Cons: Pay is below average, and do not expect any big raises. Performance review is predetermined based on force ranking by upper management. If… Advice to Senior Management: There really is not much management can do. Management by fear may… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unprofessional Product Pushers

Exclusive Financial Specialist (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Allstate as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: The money was good for the first year and there… Cons: If you are a Personal Financial Specialist/Exclusive Financial Specialist the recruiter makes the most money… Advice to Senior Management: Reconfigure how Recruiters are paid No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.