Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,043 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Not the best place to work for, but certainly not the worst

IT Professional (Former Employee)
Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAllstate will not go out of business any time soon. The company is predictable, stable, and provides some job security. Most of the jobs are not very exciting, but not very demanding either. You will get a many vacation days, and a lot of flexibility on work schedule.

ConsPay is below average, and do not expect any big raises. Performance review is predetermined based on force ranking by upper management. If your immediate manager is new or not well liked, you are out of luck. Any challenge to status quo will be ignored or punished.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is not much management can do. Management by fear may work in short term, but it will eventually get old and people will leave.

Take Advantage of Good Employees

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Known Company with a good reputation Cons: Expected to work 24/7. Not enough staff. Management not aware of time… Advice to Senior Management: Be aware of the job demands. You are stretching… More

Decent experience

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Macon, GA

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I work in the field so the flexibility with my position is great. The problem is getting the notice from the upper management, even… Cons: Low Pay, Must really push and be in a good position to move up, Most positions… Advice to Senior Management: Position your good employees for a career path and let them know that the company wants and needs them more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.