Allstate

www.allstate.com

Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities.

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

Other Reviews for Allstate

As an Exclusive Agent I can say this...

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great customer service line for help, Great Catastrophy teams around the country! They do stand by their service and most agents I've met are excellent people who care very much about their clients.

Cons

Large corporation that is out to make money over all. Premium pricing is always being adjusted to make money for the company. Agents are your best advocates but have no decision making ability...they/we just provide the clients with information pushed down from the corp' level

The regional Sales Managers are tools that clearly have only pushed what they need to make upper VP's happy. Get into offices and find out what makes each one work, not what you want them to do.

Too much of a slave to Wall Street

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Trying to get to the 21st century with regards to work environment. Nice work environment and very stable financially

Cons

Having salaries that are comeptitive in the market is a big issue. Also, does not commit to any initiatives long term. Diversity initiatives commitment and employee development are lacking. Career progressioin is lacking as well.

If you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk with regards to employee development and career advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!