Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities.

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

1356 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Good Opportunity, Management will only help you for the first year

Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A good environment if you connect with the right people. The trips and incentives are great but it is a full commission based job. Their technology is finally catching up and supports the field well.

Cons

The management will work hard to help you succeed for the first year and then they will try and replace you. The best thing you can do is build strong relationships and be successful selling. Don't expect any help after they get paid for your one year start up.

I think it would be wise to create an environment that supports your long term growth. It's easy to create quick sales but the difficult thing is creating a system that creates consistent sales, I wish that I saw more support for long term processes.

I am a newer employee and my experience has been great so far.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees come and stay; it is not an environment that promotes high turnover; good recognition with departments (at least in mine); potential for career movement; inclusive culture

Cons

Because so many people take a long time to leave the company movement can sometimes seem stalled. Health insurance cost could be lower when compared to some other companies; it seems for an insurance company the employees would get better discounts on the actual insurance

Increase the employee discount; continue with the culture change; find ways to become more competitive cost wise

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate