Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities.

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

1264 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

As an Exclusive Agent I can say this...

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great customer service line for help, Great Catastrophy teams around the country! They do stand by their service and most agents I've met are excellent people who care very much about their clients.

Cons

Large corporation that is out to make money over all. Premium pricing is always being adjusted to make money for the company. Agents are your best advocates but have no decision making ability...they/we just provide the clients with information pushed down from the corp' level

The regional Sales Managers are tools that clearly have only pushed what they need to make upper VP's happy. Get into offices and find out what makes each one work, not what you want them to do.

A great place to burn out or if you enjoy politics at every turn!

Current Employee - IT-Architect  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - IT-Architect in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large organization with the opportunity to move if you need to or get tired of fighting the same battles.

Cons

Some of the worst morale and pay I have seen. Senior leadership allows infighting and politics to guide most of the decision making. IT has outsourced many positions related to quality and now wonders why new software releases cause major outages. They also cut the pay of the remaining IT staff which has sent a clear message to the more talented resources to head elsewhere.

An okay place to start a career because the vast amount of dysfunction provides great example of how not to run a profitable company.

Hire talented resources and pay them in a manner in which they will hang around. When making decisions start consider value to the customer/company ahead of the feeling of other leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!