Allstate

www.allstate.com

Great Company, Lousy Compensation

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

Pros

If you are in a good area of the company, work hours and flexibility can be very good.

Cons

Workloads can get very heavy at times, raises are lousy and there are times that no raises are given. Bonuses are hardly ever given.

Management needs to learn how to acknowledge good workers more.

Other reviews for Allstate

Leadership Development Program

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL

Pros

I think that this program has great potential and its wonderful for people who get to be a part of departments that they preference. The salary is great, but it really depends on what department you get put in and where you see your future going. Some people are really open to helping, but others not so much.

Cons

I'm currently in my first rotation with LDP and i'm already thinking that I don't want to move forward and I haven't even been there two weeks. My biggest thing is that they need to seriously consider who they put into what department, because where I am now everything is going over my head and I seriously think in the next month i'm not going to be there because i'm so frustrated. The systems for their analytics is completely out of date. I should not have accepted the position in the first place and now I regret it. I honestly don't want to deter anyone from AllState, but I think that before you go into any position you seriously need to consider your options and they should as well. I'd say that my experience thus far has been horrible, the location is terrible, technology it horrible, and my overall experience thus far has not been good.

Allstate Response

Jul 22, 2013Employment Team

We are sorry to hear that your first weeks at Allstate have not met your expectations. By design, the Leadership Development Program puts participants into challenging rotations and we expect a steep ... More

Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities.

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!