Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Great Company, Lousy Compensation

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are in a good area of the company, work hours and flexibility can be very good.

Cons

Workloads can get very heavy at times, raises are lousy and there are times that no raises are given. Bonuses are hardly ever given.

Management needs to learn how to acknowledge good workers more.

1376 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great fun with all of the other interns and co-workers

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Fun with interns
    -Rigorous work schedule that assisted me develop my future
    -Time to sit down and learn a little bit before diving into the actual work
    -Great people around you to get you acclimated to the environment and will help whenever needed
    -The managers enjoy having you and provide great feedback to help you grow

Cons

-Benefits could have been better
    -Was expecting more "fun" intern events, only corporate related events
    -SLOW STARTUP, It took me about 2 weeks to get access to everything needed to do my work. I never received my personal computer to work after hours, which was requested in February.

-Have a weekend at the ballpark with all the interns instead of a Q&A session.
    -Provide food at large events

Leadership Development Program

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think that this program has great potential and its wonderful for people who get to be a part of departments that they preference. The salary is great, but it really depends on what department you get put in and where you see your future going. Some people are really open to helping, but others not so much.

Cons

I'm currently in my first rotation with LDP and i'm already thinking that I don't want to move forward and I haven't even been there two weeks. My biggest thing is that they need to seriously consider who they put into what department, because where I am now everything is going over my head and I seriously think in the next month i'm not going to be there because i'm so frustrated. The systems for their analytics is completely out of date. I should not have accepted the position in the first place and now I regret it. I honestly don't want to deter anyone from AllState, but I think that before you go into any position you seriously need to consider your options and they should as well. I'd say that my experience thus far has been horrible, the location is terrible, technology it horrible, and my overall experience thus far has not been good.

Allstate Response

Jul 22, 2013Employment Team

We are sorry to hear that your first weeks at Allstate have not met your expectations. By design, the Leadership Development Program puts participants into challenging rotations and we expect a steep ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate