Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Leadership Development Program

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think that this program has great potential and its wonderful for people who get to be a part of departments that they preference. The salary is great, but it really depends on what department you get put in and where you see your future going. Some people are really open to helping, but others not so much.

Cons

I'm currently in my first rotation with LDP and i'm already thinking that I don't want to move forward and I haven't even been there two weeks. My biggest thing is that they need to seriously consider who they put into what department, because where I am now everything is going over my head and I seriously think in the next month i'm not going to be there because i'm so frustrated. The systems for their analytics is completely out of date. I should not have accepted the position in the first place and now I regret it. I honestly don't want to deter anyone from AllState, but I think that before you go into any position you seriously need to consider your options and they should as well. I'd say that my experience thus far has been horrible, the location is terrible, technology it horrible, and my overall experience thus far has not been good.

Allstate Response

Jul 22, 2013Employment Team

We are sorry to hear that your first weeks at Allstate have not met your expectations. By design, the Leadership Development Program puts participants into challenging rotations and we expect a steep ... More

1257 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities.

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

As an Exclusive Agent I can say this...

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great customer service line for help, Great Catastrophy teams around the country! They do stand by their service and most agents I've met are excellent people who care very much about their clients.

Cons

Large corporation that is out to make money over all. Premium pricing is always being adjusted to make money for the company. Agents are your best advocates but have no decision making ability...they/we just provide the clients with information pushed down from the corp' level

The regional Sales Managers are tools that clearly have only pushed what they need to make upper VP's happy. Get into offices and find out what makes each one work, not what you want them to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!