Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

My experience at Allstate has taught me what I want out of my career and demonstarted the steps I must take to get there

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyday I have the opportunity to meet individuals who hold positions that are brand new to me. I get the chance o work on projects that are unlike anything I have ever done before. Every experience is a learning experience. Through my internship, I am learning what I like and what I don't like. Figuring out what I don't like will only help my future career.

Cons

As an intern I would have enjoyed working on a larger team where I could interact with different people and on different projects every day.

If you have an intern--give them the responsibility of a large project with a deadline. Learning about deadlines is important, but it would also be nice to contribute to a large project and have the opportunity to present the work you did all summer. This is a great way to end your internship filling like you accomplished something that will assist your team even after your 12-weeks end.

1306 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Love my job @Allstate

Current Employee - Branding Consultant in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Branding Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, work/life balance, awesome opportunities for development

Cons

The size of the organization can be a bit overwhelming

Meaningful Internships Found Here

Current Employee - Analytics Intern in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Analytics Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship experience in an actuarial role is fantastic! You get to do real pricing work that the full-time analysts would be doing if you weren't available. At the end of the summer, you can actually put a dollar amount on how much your proposed policy changes impact the company.

Cons

The first few weeks are very training-heavy, which can be overwhelming. Often trainings are scheduled for six hours a day, which makes it hard for managers to assign you any project to apply your knowledge. After the training hump, things do get significantly better, but you may have to ask for more work if your manager isn't giving it to you off the bat.

Work harder to strike a balance between training load and work load. Let us digest the information as we go by working on projects more initially. Thank you for adding the indication overall training, though! It really helped.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate