Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

My experience at Allstate has taught me what I want out of my career and demonstarted the steps I must take to get there

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyday I have the opportunity to meet individuals who hold positions that are brand new to me. I get the chance o work on projects that are unlike anything I have ever done before. Every experience is a learning experience. Through my internship, I am learning what I like and what I don't like. Figuring out what I don't like will only help my future career.

Cons

As an intern I would have enjoyed working on a larger team where I could interact with different people and on different projects every day.

If you have an intern--give them the responsibility of a large project with a deadline. Learning about deadlines is important, but it would also be nice to contribute to a large project and have the opportunity to present the work you did all summer. This is a great way to end your internship filling like you accomplished something that will assist your team even after your 12-weeks end.

1265 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Meaningful Internships Found Here

Current Employee - Analytics Intern  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Analytics Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The internship experience in an actuarial role is fantastic! You get to do real pricing work that the full-time analysts would be doing if you weren't available. At the end of the summer, you can actually put a dollar amount on how much your proposed policy changes impact the company.

Cons

The first few weeks are very training-heavy, which can be overwhelming. Often trainings are scheduled for six hours a day, which makes it hard for managers to assign you any project to apply your knowledge. After the training hump, things do get significantly better, but you may have to ask for more work if your manager isn't giving it to you off the bat.

Work harder to strike a balance between training load and work load. Let us digest the information as we go by working on projects more initially. Thank you for adding the indication overall training, though! It really helped.

Great Internship Experience

Current Employee - Application Developer  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Application Developer in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I can only speak from the intern perspective, but this was a good experience.
    -Structured 12 week Intern program
    -Good compensation
    -Real world experience at a large company
    -Potential to be hire for a full-time position
    -Great resume builder!

Cons

-At times work gets really slow for some interns, so you have to not be afraid to urge for more work.
    -Although it is a great place to work, it is a small city with thousands of employees: make sure you are ready for that

Have a clear plan for your intern and what you expect them to accomplish

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!