Great Pay, Needs to keep with the times

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, decent (but getting worse) benefits, decent people to work with, paid time off is exceptional

Cons

High work volume, sometime unreasonably high expectations/goals, doesn't take full advantage of technology to keep excellent high performing employees with the company.

Advice to Management

You talk about your focus on work/life balance and flexible scheduling, etc... this is very untrue in claims where you can't come in to the office before a certain time and need to stay for 9 hours even if your work is complete as a salaried employee. When exceptional employees relocate you do nothing to assist them in obtaining a position at a local office near their new location. There is also no reason, in this day and age, that claims representatives shouldn't be able to work from home (reducing overhead) or work remotely from another location from their homes. You are losing excellent employees (of which there are not an abundance these days) when you could easily keep them and improve your service to your customers.

reviews filtered by

AWESOME

Former Employee - Customer Srevice Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Srevice Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being completely new to the insurance industry I was delighted to start with such a repitable company and one that realy value its employees! The training was extensive they really went out of their way to teach us the business and paid for all 26 of my property and casualty licenses. They pay very well and I absolutely have no complaints about the company, I wish I didnt have to quit.

Cons

Call centers are everchanging you must be adaptable to the changes and willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but thats in any position you hold you should have that approach.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Great place and person to work for.

I worked at Allstate

Pros

Flexible and personable. Coworkers were great too. Not a lot of pressure and very consistent. Pay is okay.

Cons

Not much to say except that some clientele were not very kind. As an agency, there aren't any benefits.