Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Great Pay, Needs to keep with the times

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster
Former Employee - Claims Adjuster

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, decent (but getting worse) benefits, decent people to work with, paid time off is exceptional

Cons

High work volume, sometime unreasonably high expectations/goals, doesn't take full advantage of technology to keep excellent high performing employees with the company.

You talk about your focus on work/life balance and flexible scheduling, etc... this is very untrue in claims where you can't come in to the office before a certain time and need to stay for 9 hours even if your work is complete as a salaried employee. When exceptional employees relocate you do nothing to assist them in obtaining a position at a local office near their new location. There is also no reason, in this day and age, that claims representatives shouldn't be able to work from home (reducing overhead) or work remotely from another location from their homes. You are losing excellent employees (of which there are not an abundance these days) when you could easily keep them and improve your service to your customers.

1376 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

AWESOME

Former Employee - Customer Srevice Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Srevice Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being completely new to the insurance industry I was delighted to start with such a repitable company and one that realy value its employees! The training was extensive they really went out of their way to teach us the business and paid for all 26 of my property and casualty licenses. They pay very well and I absolutely have no complaints about the company, I wish I didnt have to quit.

Cons

Call centers are everchanging you must be adaptable to the changes and willing to do what it takes to get the job done, but thats in any position you hold you should have that approach.

Keep up the good work!

IT Manager

Current Employee - IT Manager in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance
    Remote work capability
    Competitive salaries
    Pension plan ! YAY

Cons

Some Leaders make a decision about people and never believe they can change
    movement happens when you are "chosen" and not based on ability
    still a GOB network

Take a hard look at the Sr Manager and Directors - they may not be all that you believe

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate