Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,042 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Great Pay, Needs to keep with the times

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Pay, decent (but getting worse) benefits, decent people to work with, paid time off is exceptional

ConsHigh work volume, sometime unreasonably high expectations/goals, doesn't take full advantage of technology to keep excellent high performing employees with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou talk about your focus on work/life balance and flexible scheduling, etc... this is very untrue in claims where you can't come in to the office before a certain time and need to stay for 9 hours even if your work is complete as a salaried employee. When exceptional employees relocate you do nothing to assist them in obtaining a position at a local office near their new location. There is also no reason, in this day and age, that claims representatives shouldn't be able to work from home (reducing overhead) or work remotely from another location from their homes. You are losing excellent employees (of which there are not an abundance these days) when you could easily keep them and improve your service to your customers.

Great place and person to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate

Pros: Flexible and personable. Coworkers were great too. Not a lot… Cons: Not much to say except that some clientele were not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

IT Manager

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work-life balance Remote work capability Competitive salaries Pension plan ! YAY Cons: Some Leaders make a decision about people and never believe they can change movement… Advice to Senior Management: Take a hard look at the Sr Manager and Directors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.