Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,043 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Mostly positive with some ups and downs along the way.

Workforce Management (Current Employee)
Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAllstate has made a very real effort to create a better work life experience, especially in their call centers. Employees are beginning to see the benefits of this effort with smaller work loads, more time with direct leaders, more developmental opportunities and a company wide sharing of opinions and ideas at a front line level.

ConsIf you are not in home office (Northbrook, IL) career focused positions are fewer to choose from and often times for career growth you will have to relocate, with the biggest catch being that Allstate has started moving their claims/service centers to smaller towns. The internal job posting process moves very slowly and can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employee centric movement the company has made is really creating a positive experience. With some hiccups along the way it would be a mistake to change direction or go back to the companies former practices.

Absolutely lied to and deceived. 97% fail ratio of new agents in the scratch agency category.

Independent Agent (Former Employee)
West Asheville, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Establish relationships outside of Allstate in the insurance industry. … Cons: No one will tell you the truth about the success/fail ratio of new agents. It is… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up! Take care of your agents. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Expected More!

Claims Service Speciailist (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, compensation and great colleagues. Cons: Lack of support from management Advice to Senior Management: Support your team members we're working hard not only for ourselves but for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.