Allstate

www.allstate.com

Mostly positive with some ups and downs along the way.

Workforce Management (Current Employee) Pocatello, ID

ProsAllstate has made a very real effort to create a better work life experience, especially in their call centers. Employees are beginning to see the benefits of this effort with smaller work loads, more time with direct leaders, more developmental opportunities and a company wide sharing of opinions and ideas at a front line level.

ConsIf you are not in home office (Northbrook, IL) career focused positions are fewer to choose from and often times for career growth you will have to relocate, with the biggest catch being that Allstate has started moving their claims/service centers to smaller towns. The internal job posting process moves very slowly and can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employee centric movement the company has made is really creating a positive experience. With some hiccups along the way it would be a mistake to change direction or go back to the companies former practices.

Need to figure it out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay and benefits competitive, still has a pension Cons: Management changes ever 12-18 months, continual disruption, poor morale, can't… Advice to Senior Management: Set a direction... care about your customers and your employees -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a good overall experience.

Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Marshall, MI

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is a well known and very large company with many resources. … Cons: The compensation is less than it's competitors on average, and it definitely isn't a… Advice to Senior Management: Look into better training exercises, and look to pay your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!