Allstate

www.allstate.com

Company has treated me well

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGreat work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

ConsIndividual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Employment Team responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

Not the opportunity promised

Exclusive Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I love working with the customers. When it comes to claims, for the most part the company does stand behind their promise and offers… Cons: Management still utilizes a Good Old Boy system, constantly playing favorites. More importantly, their favorites are themselves. They make poor businesses decisions for… Advice to Senior Management: Be more selective in your new agent hires and protect the asset that is your existing agents before looking to hire new agents. Be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Liars

Direct Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company product is awesome Cons: After training, you're on your own... literally. No managers around when you need anything, personal, business related, etc. Policies get changed and the… Advice to Senior Management: I would give advice to management, but there was none. … More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!