Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Company has treated me well

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

Cons

Individual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Keep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

1310 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Not the opportunity promised

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent
    Current Employee - Exclusive Agent

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with the customers. When it comes to claims, for the most part the company does stand behind their promise and offers fair settlements. Occasionally, as an agent, you will have to step in for the customer in regards to lack of or slow claim follow up or unfair settlement, but overall, that is rare.

Cons

Management still utilizes a Good Old Boy system, constantly playing favorites. More importantly, their favorites are themselves. They make poor businesses decisions for the company and for existing agents if it somehow improves their own situation. ie they will hire a new, inexperienced, and incompetent agent rather than give the proper support to existing agents who have run and won the never ending gauntlet of changing requirements. They do this because it makes it look like, for the moment, in the eyes of corporate that they are growing the region. The problem is the majority of these new agents do not make it, which is disruptive to both customers and existing agents who have to pick up the slack without compensation. Additionally, production requirements are constantly excessively increased while at the same time commission structure is decreased; something that was NOT disclosed when Allstate was courting me!

Be more selective in your new agent hires and protect the asset that is your existing agents before looking to hire new agents. Be honest to potential new candidates...they need to understand that the contract they sign with Allstate allows Allstate to change production requirements and compensation at will and that this is done annually.

Liars

Former Employee - Direct Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company product is awesome

Cons

After training, you're on your own... literally. No managers around when you need anything, personal, business related, etc. Policies get changed and the manager that's supposed to inform you is on vacation for a month and the temporary manager realized the HUGE pay cut they were getting for being a manager and decided to go back to the phones as a regular rep to make more money. They need structure BADLY. Not to mention the "99% sure there will be a schedule change if you're working til 1:30a"... that was a lie. And the bonus structure was cut in half, so you never see the potential money promised in the interview

I would give advice to management, but there was none. They leave early or schedule vacation and nobody knows who is who

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate