Allstate

www.allstate.com

Company has treated me well

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

Cons

Individual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Keep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

Other Reviews for Allstate

Claims Adjuster-Mixed Bag

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

-Good benefits, good amount of time PTO especially for newer people (you won't see many companies that start you off with the equivalent of 4+ weeks of PTO), CAT pay(equivalent to overtime for salaried employees), decent atmosphere, recognized for doing quality work.

Cons

-Claim volume varies. Sometimes when it's dead, you may just get 3 or 4 claims a day. When we have a catastrophe of some kind, we can get as many as 10 claims a day. 1 day, I got 15 claims in 1 day. When the claims come in bunches like that, it is very hard to keep up, and if you don't put the extra time in, you can easily get lost in the shuffle and get weeks behind. If you get majorly behind, it can take weeks if not months to catch yourself back up.
    -You are never caught up. Even when you think you are good, something always happens, and falling behind is just part of the job.
    -Management doesn't always understand what adjusters are having to deal with. There are always things on top of things that they require of us and don't realize that it takes away from the bottom line, which is to service the customer in a timely manner.
    -Meetings=too many of them. Most meetings are pointless and only lead to adjusters falling further behind in their workload.
    -Long hrs. Although you could work just 8-9 hr. days, you would fall very far behind and would spend 1/2 a year trying to catch back up. You are almost forced to work 10-12 hr. days to catch yourself up and keep yourself from falling behind. Luckily, CAT pay helps even out the need to work these long hrs.

-Hire more adjusters. Especially when you load balance claims from local offices across the country, we are still going to get a lot of claims, so why not hire some more adjusters to take some of the load off the current ones, which will help improve the customer experience by giving adjusters more time to focus on each customer.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thank you for your review - we take this feedback very seriously. We have a lot of adjuster positions open right now - refer your friends! Some jobs offer a referral bonus to employees. Check out our ... More

Loved working there

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst  in  Hudson, OH
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate part-time

Pros

Environment is easy going. Management was ok, not great but not too bad. Flexibility was great, was able to change my hours. Overall, great experience. I worked at night so I missed most of the drama.

Cons

Some of the coworkers were unfriendly but fortunately for me I only had to work with them for an hour before they left for home.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!