There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Company has treated me well

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

Cons

Individual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Loved working there

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Hudson, OH
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate part-time

Pros

Environment is easy going. Management was ok, not great but not too bad. Flexibility was great, was able to change my hours. Overall, great experience. I worked at night so I missed most of the drama.

Cons

Some of the coworkers were unfriendly but fortunately for me I only had to work with them for an hour before they left for home.

2. Good experience

I worked at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

too many Allstate agents in the area

Advice to Management

get rid of half the agents in the area