Allstate

www.allstate.com

Company has treated me well

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGreat work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

ConsIndividual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Employment Team responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

Claims Adjuster-Mixed Bag

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros: -Good benefits, good amount of time PTO especially for newer people (you won't see many companies that start you off with… Cons: -Claim volume varies. Sometimes when it's dead, you may just get 3 or 4 claims a day. When we have a catastrophe of some kind,… Advice to Senior Management: -Hire more adjusters. Especially when you load balance claims from local offices across the country, we are still going to get a lot of claims,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't come here. There are better places to work.

mail center operator (Current Employee) Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are Good benefits, and good non exempt employees. Don't… Cons: Recently told that we will only make 75% of the max for my position because they're trying to save money. Lower management totally clueless to… Advice to Senior Management: Try to really care about your employees at the MWOPC… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!