Allstate

www.allstate.com

Claims Adjuster-Mixed Bag

Pros-Good benefits, good amount of time PTO especially for newer people (you won't see many companies that start you off with the equivalent of 4+ weeks of PTO), CAT pay(equivalent to overtime for salaried employees), decent atmosphere, recognized for doing quality work.

Cons-Claim volume varies. Sometimes when it's dead, you may just get 3 or 4 claims a day. When we have a catastrophe of some kind, we can get as many as 10 claims a day. 1 day, I got 15 claims in 1 day. When the claims come in bunches like that, it is very hard to keep up, and if you don't put the extra time in, you can easily get lost in the shuffle and get weeks behind. If you get majorly behind, it can take weeks if not months to catch yourself back up.
-You are never caught up. Even when you think you are good, something always happens, and falling behind is just part of the job.
-Management doesn't always understand what adjusters are having to deal with. There are always things on top of things that they require of us and don't realize that it takes away from the bottom line, which is to service the customer in a timely manner.
-Meetings=too many of them. Most meetings are pointless and only lead to adjusters falling further behind in their workload.
-Long hrs. Although you could work just 8-9 hr. days, you would fall very far behind and would spend 1/2 a year trying to catch back up. You are almost forced to work 10-12 hr. days to catch yourself up and keep yourself from falling behind. Luckily, CAT pay helps even out the need to work these long hrs.

Advice to Senior Management-Hire more adjusters. Especially when you load balance claims from local offices across the country, we are still going to get a lot of claims, so why not hire some more adjusters to take some of the load off the current ones, which will help improve the customer experience by giving adjusters more time to focus on each customer.

Allstate Employment Team responded to this review

Mar 25, 2014

Thank you for your review - we take this feedback very seriously. We have a lot of adjuster positions open right now - refer your friends! Some jobs offer a referral bonus to employees. Check out our ... More

Claim Adjuster

Senior Claims Service Adjuster (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big company who promises stability. Cons: Cheap with some claim payouts, making the job difficult for adjusters being between the claimants and their bosses. Difficult to get a decent raise,… Advice to Senior Management: Get out and find something better while you're still under 50 years old. If older than that, just do what ever they say… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't come here. There are better places to work.

mail center operator (Current Employee) Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are Good benefits, and good non exempt employees. Don't… Cons: Recently told that we will only make 75% of the max for my position because they're trying to save money. Lower management totally clueless to… Advice to Senior Management: Try to really care about your employees at the MWOPC… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!