Allstate

www.allstate.com

Working as a sales Producer in a small office serving a 3000 client book of business

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pros very relaxed environment, OK pay Most major holidays off with pay, no weekend work and family friendly, also you are able to work at your own pace. Great support from the home office and access to help for your client 24/7

Cons

Limited growth potential, if you are looking to make more than 30K you need to open your own office and incur the overhead expense of doing so.

none

Other Reviews for Allstate

So far so good

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities, good work/life balance

Cons

Growth opportunities require an advocate

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thanks for the review! If you're having trouble finding an advocate, many of our internal Employee Resource Groups offer mentoring programs that may help connect you with someone.

Company has treated me well

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

Cons

Individual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Keep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014Employment Team

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!