Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Getting paid to learn more than I've learned at school, while surrounded by great people.

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Allstate offers competitive pay rates, as well as a generous housing stipend. I've been strongly encouraged to stop working as soon as I hit 40 hours for the week, and have still been able to manage a busy work flow.

Cons

As an actuarial intern, we don't receive any PTO days. This wasn't that bad, because there are numerous events we attend that serve as a good (paid) break from working.

N/A

1324 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Pleasant first experience!

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is welcoming and relaxed; the QR&A department prioritizes creating relationships between new hires and established employees as well as celebrates a work/life balance. The employees invested time into my training and worked to create a workload that was both stimulating and approachable. Also, the pay is great for a summer internship!

Cons

In an office of 10,000, interns are spread out among multitudes of departments, so it takes effort to meet other interns.

The approachability of management to all levels of employees is a testament to Allstate's corporate culture and makes the company very appealing to work for.

Real-World Experience I won't Forget

Current Employee - Corporate Relations in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Relations in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, real-life projects and feedback, full-time opportunities, intern mentors, approachable co-workers

Cons

It is still a big corporation, and that part of the company is still very evident. Sometimes things move slow, depending on your department and position. Might feel so deep internally that your impact is very little-felt. Lots of red-tape, even for full-timers.

Show your human side sometimes

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate