Allstate

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Great Intern Program, Empowering College Students to Succeed

Current Employee - Intern  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They really emphasize a work-life balance, with a cafeteria, gym, Starbucks, among other amenities, all on the Northbrook campus. For the intern program in particular, they create a lot of opportunities for learning and networking within the organization, which allows the interns to get a really good look at the company even just a few weeks after the start date. I really felt like I was contributing to the overall success of the organization, and the projects didn't seem like the typical "busy work" that interns usually get stuck with. I even got to travel for two weeks on a business trip, as an intern!

Cons

With a large, public company, occasionally it's easy to feel like you're just a face in the crowd.

Keep investing in your interns, and create more opportunities for interns to sit down one-on-one with experienced Allstate Directors and VPs. A co-op program would be extremely helpful in developing and retaining talent, especially for students in engineering and other technical fields.

1277 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great Place!

Current Employee - Underwriter Examiner Associate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Underwriter Examiner Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a great company value and they offer relaxing areas within the office.

Cons

Pay... I hate to say that they are not super competitive in most areas.

Great internship, with real hands on experience, and with an organization that has a friendly and casual environment.

Current Employee - Actuarial Intern  in  Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Actuarial Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern

Pros

Everyone I work with is very nice and very helpful. Allstate has a culture of being very friendly, casual, yet, productive. I really enjoy with the working environment here at Allstate. I also got a lot of first hand experience on real projects related to my career path.

Cons

Since Allstate is such a large organization, it is easy for interns to fall through the cracks, especially at the beginnnng.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!