Allstate

www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Amazing experience and a great place for an internship, especially your first one.

Current Employee - Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Company values people greatly, both customers and its own, therefore people are incredibly friendly and understanding of your needs. Great work/life balance and opportunities to take initiative and grow. In my experience, this is not stereotypical paper filing and coffee retrieval, but you are actually a full member of the team for 12 weeks.

Cons

The Allstate "nice" culture can actually work to become a negative. People are so friendly that this often leads to passive aggressive behavior and lack of communication when an issue arises.

Ensure interns have regular check-ins with their managers with emphasis placed on consistent communication and feedback.

1432 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Great Intern Program, Empowering College Students to Succeed

Current Employee - Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They really emphasize a work-life balance, with a cafeteria, gym, Starbucks, among other amenities, all on the Northbrook campus. For the intern program in particular, they create a lot of opportunities for learning and networking within the organization, which allows the interns to get a really good look at the company even just a few weeks after the start date. I really felt like I was contributing to the overall success of the organization, and the projects didn't seem like the typical "busy work" that interns usually get stuck with. I even got to travel for two weeks on a business trip, as an intern!

Cons

With a large, public company, occasionally it's easy to feel like you're just a face in the crowd.

Keep investing in your interns, and create more opportunities for interns to sit down one-on-one with experienced Allstate Directors and VPs. A co-op program would be extremely helpful in developing and retaining talent, especially for students in engineering and other technical fields.

Great Place!

Current Employee - Underwriter Examiner Associate in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Underwriter Examiner Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a great company value and they offer relaxing areas within the office.

Cons

Pay... I hate to say that they are not super competitive in most areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate