There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

It was a wonderful experience.

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love meeting new people, and I think it would be exciting to move my career into a new direction..

Cons

This job sounds exciting, and adventurous. I feel with all my years of experience in customer service and sales, I am the perfect candidate for the job.

Honesty, knowing how to build rapport with a customer, and knowing how to close a sale.
Having worked at AT&T/Lucent really gave me a strong foundation in understanding the needs of every customer. Through the years, I became highly skilled as a great listener and always putting the needs of every customer first.

reviews filtered by
  1. The environment is very accepting and progressive, however the company methodologies are far behind.

Current Intern - Architecture Intern in Northbrook, IL
    Current Intern - Architecture Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Managers typically get themselves involved with their employees, but not in an overbearing way - there is an incredible amount of room for personal growth as well as influencing the company at large. If you know what you're doing and really get involved with horizontal elements of the business you will be successful. The company has a great environment prior to getting into upper management: helpful teams, plenty of resources, and encouraging environment. I can speak for architecture/development mostly: Allstate is not a bad place to work, there are opportunities to grow and expand your knowledge in many areas you wouldn't have access to at other companies.

Cons

There is often a lack of training for business methods and development styles at Allstate - this is partially because there isn't actually a whole lot of enforced structure behind how things get done. The salary is not competitive to begin with, but if you offer assets to the company and show your worth you will not have any trouble being compensated. My last statement in the "Pros" section was about opportunity to learn: In technology, Allstate is making a shift to do things with more modern methods and implementing them the way they should have been many years ago - so while there is opportunity, there is a reason for it.

Take some time to really discuss how Allstate (even if it just the group you oversee) wants to run the show, and try to cover some of the relevant points of contact a new employee might need - although these things aren't impossible to discover, it saves time if that information can be a foundation from the beginning.

2. insurance producer

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Producer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with hours. Help you move up in company

Cons

Not enough incentives given and pay could be better

Have more programs to help workers

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate