Allstate

www.allstate.com

You're in great hands with Allstate

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsAllstate is a great place to grow professionally and the corporate structure is such that everyone supports one another. It's not uncommon to see people that have been with the company for 20, 30, even 40+ years. You can easily create a whole career path within the company and have it involve some completely different jobs, because the company is so big. For example, I have a co-worker who started as a financial analyst and went to HR, then to IT, and is now in marketing. Management also thinks it very important to keep their good employees around, so they like to keep them satisfied and happy. And if you work hard, a promotion is undoubtedly around the corner; it will not go unnoticed.
Also, Allstate makes a commitment to the community, and you can really see how much Allstaters really care about each other and about other people. They donate books, clothes, money, etc. as well as volunteer their time to better the world one step at a time. Just knowing that the Allstate Helping Hands committees are there gives you a warm fuzzy about working at Allstate. It is definitely a solid company with a good practices and a great reputation.

ConsThe downsides of working at Allstate are probably similar to the downsides of working anywhere else. There are the long hours (depending on which department you work), there is the seemingly unnecessary red tape, there is the occasional incompetent leader, etc. Nothing really sticks out in my mind as being a major downside of working at Allstate. Except maybe that if you tell people you work at Allstate, they will ask you for advice about their insurance/claim, no matter what your actual position is.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job; keep it up!

Allstate potential needs to be redefined

IT Manager (Former Employee) Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate

Pros: There are many very creative and enthusiastic people working at Allstate. They generate many good ideas and make day-to-day activities interesting. Allstate is… Cons: Allstate is very bureaucratic and rigid in it’s procedures. They see the achievement of repeatable processes only through inflexible regimentation. There are no… Advice to Senior Management: Allstate Senior Leadership has recognized that changes are necessary and have started to realign key practices. Bureaucracy is very visible in many areas and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The good, bad and the ugly

Licensed Sales Producer (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: The agent and other employees are awesome and do not treat you like a machine. Allstate has a good name and excellent advertising. I… Cons: One downside is the lack of benefits :-( The time and… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of ALSTAR! UGH Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!