There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Everyone is really nice to me. Easy people to work with.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. The company fosters an environment of friendliness and diversity. There is a huge emphasis on work/life balance in most departments.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to get reports done on time within the deadlines. It is a very deadlined-based workplace. At least where I work: Finance.

Advice to Management

Get to know your entry-level employees better. It will motivate them to perform better and more efficiently.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No room for advancement, horrible pay

I worked at Allstate part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The great thing about working at an Allstate insurance agency is that the hours are pretty set in stone and most agents are closed on weekends and major holidays. This provides for a great work life balance.

Cons

There is no room for advancement in an agency since agencies are rather small. They also can not afford to pay you what you could make working for a corporate position.

Advice to Management

Work on providing better compensation packages and benefits

Great place to work before they became obsessed with the stock price and outsourced everthing but claims overseas

Former Employee - Computer Operations Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Computer Operations Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Allstate and would have never left if I was not outsourced out of my position. The people are great, and the technology was constantly evolving. Initially it was equally focused on the Customer, Stockholder, and Employee, and it was fun to work there, as there were frequent employee activities, rewards, and recognition. Regretably that changed to focus on just the Stockholder, and much of the fun dried up.

Cons

First came downsizing, and then offshore outsourcing, those who remained were double and triple tasked. Told their motivation to do a good job was to keep their jobs.

Advice to Management

The leadership from the Director level down is terrific, they listen, and care. Upper level management should be aware that if you value quality service for your customers, then you need employees that are invested in your success and not contracted outside the company overseas.