Allstate
3.1 of 5 1,044 reviews
www.allstate.com Northbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

Stay FARRR AWAY!

Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Allstate

ProsMade friends that allowed me to stay sane while at work.
Received my Property and Casualty License.
Base Pay+Commission
2 SUPER down to earth coaching partners that helped out A LOT with on the job training and materials and were great at providing feedback to me.

Cons-Blind leading the blind.
- Was told that we were "THE BEST OF THE BEST TO GET HIRED FOR ALLSTATE"...HAHA
-Job was base pay + commission which in my book was unattainable due to poor leads that were generated by once again some dimwhit that was given a title.
-Poor Communication.
-Received inadequate training given at some college campus, often ran out of material to go over, so we ended up playing various games such as Pictionary to basically occupy time, because the higher ups/senior management had no sense of direction or clue of what the next move should be.
-Brand new call center in San Antonio, so from day 1 getting processes started and getting everything running from the ground up was a DISASTER!
-Everyone hired on at the same time, and 2 weeks later there were people that were sitting next to -me in training that were now going to be "managing" me as an employee.
-Not given adequate expectations of job requirements and very disorganized when giving ANY kind of direction.
-Told that Allstate "VALUED" employees time away from work, but in reality they watch you like a hawk. Was only given 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch for an entire 8 hour day, so a total and complete "SWEAT SHOP ATMOSPHERE".
-Tons of people running around with so called "titles", when in reality none of them have any answers as to what is going on or have any communication skills of what is going on or if there are any companywide changes taking place.
-Very unprofessional working environment where people come in to work, so called "managers" sitting around talking about how they went out last night and drank at the bar, or how many more tattoos they want to get on their body.
-Oh and while I'm on the topic of professionalism, next time you decide to hire and/or place people into Management Roles, GET A CLUE of who and what to promote within. It was a total joke when I was actually the person in the hot seat taking calls, and I had someone (my manager) hovering over my shoulder telling me what she "thought" needed to be done, or if she didn't know, she would guess at the answer while crunching cheetos in my ear. Learn how to value other employees space and don't hire a bunch of inadequate bozos to run a call center.
-Very POOR communication by HR department that was on site in San Antonio, walked into an office to resign and received NO DIRECTION on what would take place next, it's like I practically had to "BEG TO QUIT!"

Advice to Senior Management-Would be nice to have the "city officials" and or mayor reconsider the building of Allstate's Call Center in Northwest San Antonio, because in reality, they are not doing San Antonio justice by having a bunch of imbeciles run an insurance business when claiming to "stimulate" the job market here in San Antonio.
-Get competant people to coach and train others instead of inadequate new hires claiming to be managers and running around with the title but not being professional about it.

Sad company to work for

Adjuster (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Allstate

Pros: Decent benefits good work / family life balance generous with time off 401k and… Cons: Management was a joke- in all levels never clear communication with employees advancement was virtually non-existant pay increases were terrible and employees even were getting… Advice to Senior Management: Grow a pair! Management seemed to be puppets and could not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company, Just depends on the Agent/ Owner

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
Fairhope, AL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros: The Allstate Company is a great company. Everyone needs insurance, so its a stable… Cons: You do not really work for "Allstate". Each agency is its own small business. Pay and benefits depend… Advice to Senior Management: Provide agents with access to Health Insurance. Give agents salary… More

There are newer reviews on Allstate.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All reviews posted anonymously by Allstate employees.