Stay FARRR AWAY!

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Allstate

Pros

Made friends that allowed me to stay sane while at work.
Received my Property and Casualty License.
Base Pay+Commission
2 SUPER down to earth coaching partners that helped out A LOT with on the job training and materials and were great at providing feedback to me.

Cons

-Blind leading the blind.
- Was told that we were "THE BEST OF THE BEST TO GET HIRED FOR ALLSTATE"...HAHA
-Job was base pay + commission which in my book was unattainable due to poor leads that were generated by once again some dimwhit that was given a title.
-Poor Communication.
-Received inadequate training given at some college campus, often ran out of material to go over, so we ended up playing various games such as Pictionary to basically occupy time, because the higher ups/senior management had no sense of direction or clue of what the next move should be.
-Brand new call center in San Antonio, so from day 1 getting processes started and getting everything running from the ground up was a DISASTER!
-Everyone hired on at the same time, and 2 weeks later there were people that were sitting next to -me in training that were now going to be "managing" me as an employee.
-Not given adequate expectations of job requirements and very disorganized when giving ANY kind of direction.
-Told that Allstate "VALUED" employees time away from work, but in reality they watch you like a hawk. Was only given 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch for an entire 8 hour day, so a total and complete "SWEAT SHOP ATMOSPHERE".
-Tons of people running around with so called "titles", when in reality none of them have any answers as to what is going on or have any communication skills of what is going on or if there are any companywide changes taking place.
-Very unprofessional working environment where people come in to work, so called "managers" sitting around talking about how they went out last night and drank at the bar, or how many more tattoos they want to get on their body.
-Oh and while I'm on the topic of professionalism, next time you decide to hire and/or place people into Management Roles, GET A CLUE of who and what to promote within. It was a total joke when I was actually the person in the hot seat taking calls, and I had someone (my manager) hovering over my shoulder telling me what she "thought" needed to be done, or if she didn't know, she would guess at the answer while crunching cheetos in my ear. Learn how to value other employees space and don't hire a bunch of inadequate bozos to run a call center.
-Very POOR communication by HR department that was on site in San Antonio, walked into an office to resign and received NO DIRECTION on what would take place next, it's like I practically had to "BEG TO QUIT!"

Advice to Management

-Would be nice to have the "city officials" and or mayor reconsider the building of Allstate's Call Center in Northwest San Antonio, because in reality, they are not doing San Antonio justice by having a bunch of imbeciles run an insurance business when claiming to "stimulate" the job market here in San Antonio.
-Get competant people to coach and train others instead of inadequate new hires claiming to be managers and running around with the title but not being professional about it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Allstate Now

Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Service Adjuster in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Some of the front line managers are great people and really try to help you with day to day problems. Your co-workers for the most part will be agreeable people.
    The company seems to value diversity at my level and a lot of front line and middle mgmt are female and/or minorities. However, upper level still seems like a white male country club.
    The company has both a 401k to which they contribute and a pension system, which is rare in today's business environment. Health, dental and vision ins are available.

Cons

Upper management seems to have no idea what the claims office does or the resources they need to do it. Senior employees have been replaced by just out of college sparsely-trained adjusters. The State of FL has all types of bad faith/litigation issues that take some time to understand. The supervisors are stretched too thin to supervise them all the time, so mistakes will and have been made. IMO, any money saved by replacing the experienced adjusters will be more then lost by the judgements paid.
    Our next gen claims system is onerous and full of error messages. It is not as efficient as what it replaced and less claims work can be done. Mgmt keeps coming up with new compliance issues, spreadsheets that have to be completed and hoops to jump through and this takes time away from the work goals we need to reach.

Advice to Management

Invest in the knowledge and experience of good claims adjusters, don't overload them and let them do their job. Mgmt and EC don't have the time to review every claim and often they go bad before they get to their attention. Experienced adjusters are your only line of defense against multi million dollar judgements.

Good Company, Just depends on the Agent/ Owner

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Fairhope, AL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Fairhope, AL

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

The Allstate Company is a great company. Everyone needs insurance, so its a stable job. Guidelines and company policies are easily laid out, computer programs are easy to learn.

Cons

You do not really work for "Allstate". Each agency is its own small business. Pay and benefits depend on the agent. My pay was extrememly low compared to other agents in other local offices. Absolutely NO benefits.

Advice to Management

Provide agents with access to Health Insurance. Give agents salary guidelines to base their employees salaries.