Allsup

www.allsup.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Allsup

Become a robot & brown noser, get promoted

Current Employee - Associate Customer Information Specialist in Belleville, IL
Current Employee - Associate Customer Information Specialist in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Allsup

Pros

The company is always growing and they have good hours and decent benefits.

Cons

You have to give an arm & a leg to get a day off and that still isn't sometimes good enough. Someone asked off to visit their dying grandmother and they denied them the leave time. They say they promote from within but they hire outside more than anything. Almost impossible to get promoted unless you suck up, smoke with the supervisors on your break and give up your personality and dedicate your life for Allsup. Nothing is ever good enough, no matter how much you work. They care more about getting current claimants to refer someone to use our services, rather than actually helping the claimant.

Wake up and realize how low moral is! People aren't just leaving because they found different jobs, they are leaving because they are miserable. Some people are quitting even when they don't have another job lined up because they can't take being treated like a pre-schooler anymore.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Allsup (View Most Recent)

Things are definitely looking up! Allsup did go through a difficult time, but things are much better now.

I have been working at Allsup full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance and hours are excellent. I love my coworkers and supervisors are above average as well. I really like the culture at Allsup and genuinely feel that I'm part of a family here. I enjoying helping people, so I feel good about what we're doing and the business that we're in. Benefits are excellent and the company does a lot of nice things for the employees. I also have a great commute-I sure like not having to fight the traffic driving across the river to St. Louis every day. I also like that strong performance gets recognized, and there's a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

The workload in some departments can be a lot at times, but I like to stay busy, so my day sure goes by quickly.

The managment team is very good. I think they've done a much better job listening to input from employees lately and employees have recognized this also. I like that a lot of departments have incentives for employees--it makes the work environment more fun and puts some extra money in my pocket also.

Long time employee. Still a good place to work.

I have been working at Allsup full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The core of what Allsup is about - is helping people. Good people still working at Allsup who care about the claimants and those they work around.

Cons

Very few. Workloads can be heavy, but I am sure that is the case no matter where you work. With the recent reduction in workforce the career opportunites are not as plentiful as they once were. Allsup is dependent on SSA to award cases. Right now SSA is awarding less, which has put a crimp on revenue...but the pendelum will swing back. Everything with SSA is cyclical

There are newer employer reviews for Allsup