There are newer employer reviews for Alltel

Good company with opportunities for professional development.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Alltel

Pros

Encouragement of professional growth and opportunities to advance and gain experience in a variety of functional areas. I appreciated the challenges and opportunties to learn. In addition, I always felt like I was treated with respect and felt that the work environment was very positive. Teamwork was encouraged. Training was readily available and encouraged for all departments.

Cons

Bureaucratic structure with roadblocks that hamper productivity, at times. The organizational structure and approval processes made accomplishing tasks a slow process. Also, the presence of politics was prevalent within some departments.

My main piece of feedback would be for management to promote more open feedback from varous levels within the company.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Alltel (View Most Recent)

It's almost over!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Alltel

Pros

Alltel is a fortune 251 company that kind of experience can be invaluable for future endeavors. There are a lot of established processes and that allow for a more efficient governance of business application thereby increasing ROI, minimizing duplication of efforts and streamlining efforts.

Cons

Alltel is very much a "good 'ol boy" type company and if you're not in the right 'click', it can be very tough to get ahead. Lack of career path and career development is very frustrating.

include senior and consultant level employees in leadership development and provide people with career paths and opportunities to grow.

I loved alltel at one time but since the middle to end of 2007 it went completely downhill.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Branson, MO

I worked at Alltel

Pros

The money was good and the benefits were good.

Cons

everything else including the stress and the treatment from RSM level and above

Stop being a bunch of backstabbing shifty people. Actually C.A.R.E. about your employees instead of your own bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Alltel