There are newer employer reviews for Alltel

Good company with opportunities for professional development.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Alltel

Pros

Encouragement of professional growth and opportunities to advance and gain experience in a variety of functional areas. I appreciated the challenges and opportunties to learn. In addition, I always felt like I was treated with respect and felt that the work environment was very positive. Teamwork was encouraged. Training was readily available and encouraged for all departments.

Cons

Bureaucratic structure with roadblocks that hamper productivity, at times. The organizational structure and approval processes made accomplishing tasks a slow process. Also, the presence of politics was prevalent within some departments.

Advice to Management

My main piece of feedback would be for management to promote more open feedback from varous levels within the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. #1 wireless carrier to work for

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Toledo, OH

I worked at Alltel

Pros

With a solid sales background this job will be a breeze for you. There is awesome potential for you to make alot of money at a young age without a degree or while you get yours. Management positions seemed to be simple to figure out and it usually becomes a family enviornment with your coworkers. Health care is most certainly there along with retirement and also numerous positions outside of sales as well.

Cons

You see ALL levels of society meaning that when you are dealing with phones one customer could be a doctor and the next could be a bum that wants to argue about a $.10 charge on his bill that he didn't deserve.

Advice to Management

Implement more feedback into policies

2. I loved alltel at one time but since the middle to end of 2007 it went completely downhill.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Branson, MO

I worked at Alltel

Pros

The money was good and the benefits were good.

Cons

everything else including the stress and the treatment from RSM level and above

Advice to Management

Stop being a bunch of backstabbing shifty people. Actually C.A.R.E. about your employees instead of your own bottom line.