There are newer employer reviews for Ally Financial

Nothing Special it was a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Ally Financial

Pros

They had a great benefits package and the money wasn't bad. My direct supervisor was awesome but we were left in the dark about alot of things.

Cons

No communication!!!! We were told very little and not provided with any kind of information on the well being of the company.

Advice to Management

Be more open with your employees. You just had major layoffs and some warning would have been more appropriate. It did not affect me but many lives were because of bad decisions at the top.

reviews filtered by

Stay away!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Ally Financial

Pros

Opportunity to earn decent bonuses. As long as you hit your goals every month, then you are fine. Unfortunately that is easier said than done.

Cons

Terrible management. Most of the managers didn't have any business skills and little to no knowledge of people management skills. Most of the managers did not even have a college education. Forced overtime was the rule, not the exception. Terrible work/life balance. Only take this job if you have no other option.

Advice to Management

Management needs to totally be gutted and built from the ground up. Fear is not a motivator for most and that was the method they used to try and gain respect and results.

2. Started great but declined with constant management change

Current Employee - Senior Treasury Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Treasury Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ally Financial

Pros

Work with some of the best in automotive financing industry. Learn about a dynamic balance sheet.

Cons

Minimal growth, minimal training, lack of efforts by management to boost employee morale and very clickish (people from ex work places prefer to work with one another versus trusting legacy employees)

Advice to Management

Encourage employee growth and development programs and help them excel in their careers.

There are newer employer reviews for Ally Financial