Ally Financial

www.ally.com
  www.ally.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ally Financial

Overall, a good place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Ally Financial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits at the company are great. These include a 401k program that matches up to 6% of your salary. In addition, the medical, dental, and vision plans are satisfactory. If you are a recent college graduate, there is a lot of opportunity to advance in the company.

Cons

Decisions are often slowly made. The future of the company may be in question.

Allow more empowerment at the local levels

234 Other Employee Reviews for Ally Financial (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Southfield, MI

I worked at Ally Financial as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people/ management, awesome compensation, interesting and challenging work, and flexibility. I really enjoyed my internship, everyone was beyond friendly and more than willing to help me when I had a question even if it wasn't my manager. My manager was a great teacher and was very patient while I learned difficult material. My assignments were actually important to the Insurance unit which made more of an incentive to do it. The flexibility of hours in my department was great too, I could come in early and leave early to beat traffic! I loved it there!

Cons

Some slow periods of not having enough assignments to stay busy.

Nothing that comes to mind

worthless company to work for

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Coordinator in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Bankruptcy Coordinator in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Ally Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing here right now, is that nearly everyone that works here feels the same way. We all HATE it here.

Cons

Management and Supervisors choose their favorites and stick with them, even if they are bad employees. there is little or no morale within the office. little or no raises, same with bonuses. the workload they give each employee would be enough work for 5 people, and then you get in trouble when you cant keep up. nobody can help eachother because they are so wrapped up in getting their own stuff finished. almost everyone currently working here is looking for a new job.

you need more employees. the ratio between employees and workload is not balanced. everyone dreads coming into work for the day.

There are newer employer reviews for Ally Financial