Ally Financial

www.ally.com

Caveat Emptor

Product Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Pros401k; I was able to save more in 5 years with Ally than I did in almost 8 years with my previous employer. This was due to a generous company match and year end discretionary contributions for 3 years running.

ConsLack of leadership at mid and upper-mid levels; Directors and 'Executives' (@ VP level) are weak in terms of leadership skills; many lacking in vision-setting and overall charisma.

Chaotic work environment; exceptionally high turnover rate; +35% within my functional area over the prior 2 year period coupled with layoffs in early February that caught many off guard. Not a place where you look forward to going to work every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementLEAD comes across as just another management catch phrase du dour. Senior leaders need to be more visible to the rank and file in locations outside of Manhattan.

Good team, good management dealing with difficult business changes.

I have been working at Ally Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Challenging work environment with good respect for work/life balance. Cons: Uncertainty of companies future; who will ultimately own the company… Advice to Senior Management: Resolve company ownership ASAP. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Treamendous Learning due to rapid change, highly political and backstabbing environment

Director (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

I worked at Ally Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good Salary, Autonomy to do work and lead small teams. Learned a… Cons: Lack of leadership in some functions. Leadership does not always… Advice to Senior Management: Vlaeu all employees and functions No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ally Financial.

Worked for Ally Financial? Contribute to the Community!