Almost Family

www.almostfamily.com
  www.almostfamily.com
There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

The worst company you will ever work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some good co-workers trying to make a living. Pays the bills.

Cons

Nothing is good about this company. The turnover is ridiculous. The Account Executives are treated like crap and let go left and right. They fire and cancel health insurance while employees are in the hospital. If you take this job, you will be miserable within 6 months and it will go down hill from there. For a Health Care company, they are heartless. No, I have not been fired and yes, I am still employed here but like everyone else, I am clawing my way to get out of here. I don't ever write negative things like this, but you could never imaging the crap that goes on with this company. Interviewing?? Run away as fast as you can!

Learn how to treat your employees. Stop working for purely the shareholders. Set achievable goals and PAY THEM, REWARD THEM! Get rid of everyone in Kentucky that has anything to do with corporate decision making.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Almost Family (View Most Recent)

Not quite family

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some really great clients. There is really nothing else good to say about working for this company it has the potential to be something great but that is not what it is concerned about.

Cons

Poor pay, unclear expectations, little to no training, abusive managment, no room for growth, obscure bonuses that are impossible to obtain, they strive to provide the least amount of care while pushing for the maximum profit. No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment. All staff hired PRN but expected to work full time. No mileage paid to HHA's. Nurses paid very low mileage but expected to travel great distances. PRN benifits availible at a cost much higher than is actually made you would have to pay them every week.

start at the bottom and work your way up. Without a competive rate of pay it is impossible to find quality field staff without quality field staff you cannot provide quality care. The business would really explode if clients were satisfied with their care and would stay with the company for services. More hospitals and physicians would give the company referrals if they could trust that their patients would recieve the care that they deserve.

Executive Leaders Should Reassess for Liability Factors in NEO.

Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Ashland, OH
    Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Ashland, OH

I worked at Almost Family part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Weekly pay even if it was incorrect every time. Most office employee's were impersonal and standoffish.

Cons

This company had lost internal documents related to my hours and my wages, I was never compensated correctly even after I provided my own paperwork. After which they did not give me the correct amount owned for my services and this continued for many more weeks. They gave me some training, but it was inadequate at best. I was rushed into paying thirty dollars for CPR training that only lasted ten minutes. The Registered Nurse (RN) that was performing the test had already signed and completed my test for me before I even arrived. Executive management at the local branch was well aware of this practice and watched the entire process. I felt cheated honestly, because I would of been grateful for some more up to date information in this ever changing field or perhaps some refined techniques at the very least. I was written up multiple times unfairly, write ups and verbal warnings about events that did not even occur on my shift. No investigation by the company is ever really performed into any of the allegations it seems, they tend to have knee jerk reaction as a solution to everything, basically they over react very easily; and most of the time it is at the incorrect person for the incorrect reasons. If you decide to work for this branch watch your back an paychecks.

Hello, Kentucky Head Quarters
         I would highly recommend that you begin to reassess your local level management in the North East Ohio branch. There are a few bad apples that could use some reevaluation at one of your offices due to poor work ethics and documentation processes. They are a liability to you and your clients. Local management should work towards their own diligence concerning client care plans, complaints and discrepancies. They were very vague about their reasoning of my termination as well. I feel it extends from the local managements inability to correctly communicate with their own employee's. I also would like to just add for the record that I have many letters from clients for recommendations and credentials along with many years of experience in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family