Almost Family

www.almostfamily.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

Steer Clear of this employer if you want to keep your sanity

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Akron, OH

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Weekly paychecks are good as long as they are correct.

Cons

No training, poor Management, expectation to know what the rules are but won't tell you the rules, Management rude and has a huge ego.

Mr. CEO, you should make it mandatory that all staff get trained properly before you give them grief for not knowing what to do. I worked there 1 year and got training 2 days before I left. Does this mean that the upper management realized what mistake they made? Training is everything. Look at the reviews from a few years ago. Same problems and complaints. Nothing will ever change.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Almost Family (View Most Recent)

The worst company you will ever work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some good co-workers trying to make a living. Pays the bills.

Cons

Nothing is good about this company. The turnover is ridiculous. The Account Executives are treated like crap and let go left and right. They fire and cancel health insurance while employees are in the hospital. If you take this job, you will be miserable within 6 months and it will go down hill from there. For a Health Care company, they are heartless. No, I have not been fired and yes, I am still employed here but like everyone else, I am clawing my way to get out of here. I don't ever write negative things like this, but you could never imaging the crap that goes on with this company. Interviewing?? Run away as fast as you can!

Learn how to treat your employees. Stop working for purely the shareholders. Set achievable goals and PAY THEM, REWARD THEM! Get rid of everyone in Kentucky that has anything to do with corporate decision making.

Not quite family

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some really great clients. There is really nothing else good to say about working for this company it has the potential to be something great but that is not what it is concerned about.

Cons

Poor pay, unclear expectations, little to no training, abusive managment, no room for growth, obscure bonuses that are impossible to obtain, they strive to provide the least amount of care while pushing for the maximum profit. No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment. All staff hired PRN but expected to work full time. No mileage paid to HHA's. Nurses paid very low mileage but expected to travel great distances. PRN benifits availible at a cost much higher than is actually made you would have to pay them every week.

start at the bottom and work your way up. Without a competive rate of pay it is impossible to find quality field staff without quality field staff you cannot provide quality care. The business would really explode if clients were satisfied with their care and would stay with the company for services. More hospitals and physicians would give the company referrals if they could trust that their patients would recieve the care that they deserve.

There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family