There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

RN field nurse

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse
Current Employee - RN Field Nurse

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

Flexibility and room for advancement

Cons

Some micromanagement- touts flexibility but then gets annoyed if you make and MD appt in the middle of your day when they need you to drop what you are doing and drive 50 miles to go see an unexpected patient.

Management needs to remember how it is out in the field

41 Other Employee Reviews for Almost Family (View Most Recent)

Be Careful!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

Company offers very good services. Clinicians are well-trained. Training at headquarters is good. Good industry to get experience in due to aging population.

Cons

No room for advancement; terrible health benefits; poor management; terrible mileage reimbursement; non-competitive salary; very poor bonus structure. Lack of tools available to Account Executives that are standard in industry-- expense account; decent auto reimbursement, computer reports to track sales. You work very hard for very little reimbursement; bonus is awful!

Sales reps should report to someone with sales esperience. You will lose more money due to high turn-over of unhappy reps.

Enjoyable...have worked here for over 5 years. I guess happiness varies by location.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Almost Family as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pleasant staff, good pay. I have been a therapist for over 20 years. We take good care of our patients and I can't tell you how many courtesy visits I have done and gotten paid for while the company did not....because a patient needed something.

Cons

Medicare is the challenge for me, not almost family. The requirements become more strict so the paperwork is more. I am prn so I do hear the benefits are expensive...but my husband's insurance almost doubled again this year as well and that doesn't have to do with his employer...that's new healthcare. It is a large company and decisions are made by those higher up...not always easy.

There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family