Alnylam
www.alnylam.com Cambridge, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Politics, Politics, Politics....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsGreat, friendly, and hard working colleagues in R & D, IT, IP, and Facilities.

ConsHowever, the rest of the company (and some of the more senior staff in the above departments) is all about politics and playing "the game." Also, if one has made any mistakes/missteps they hold on to that information and then bring it up in the annual reviews, instead of addressing the issues in a timely fashion and allowing one to learn and grow, or they hold on to the information in order to fire a staff member.

In addition, upper management expects the staff to be in the office/lab as late as they are, not taking into account that some of the staff come in early and some late based on the arrangement they have with their boss (the middle management). Complete lack of work/life balance.

Also, only management (i.e. those who have doors) receive yearly bonuses, no one else! Extremely elitist and hierarchical.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should truly look to see who is doing the actual work, not just spinning it for their approval...

Loved the people!

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Alnylam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I absolutely loved my group! The culture there was awesome!… Cons: We went through two restructurings with no warning...need I say… Advice to Senior Management: Share with the employees more of what is going on… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dynamic fast-paced environment, aggressively prosecuting a novel therapeutic technology

Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Alnylam

Pros: Strong scientific rigor, very dynamic environment, compelling new technology, good fiscal… Cons: ALNY is aggressively seeking clinical POC for the RNAi therapeutic platform. The intense race toward clinical results often means that… Advice to Senior Management: Don't overlook mechanistic research around targets and delivery systems as this… More
There are newer reviews on Alnylam.

Worked for Alnylam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alnylam reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alnylam CEO John M. Maraganore. All reviews posted anonymously by Alnylam employees.